K,y,l,e and, Kyle, and (Kyle)

Forever.

1 Like

I’m 34 and will never deviate from two spaces after a period. It was drilled into my head so much I just don’t think it’s possible not to.

3 Likes

Also, did anybody in here change the size of their periods from 12 font to 15 font When writing lengthy papers in college?

5 Likes

Hard to do on a typewriter. Even harder when you had persuaded your GF (soon to be fiancee) to type the paper, with a lot of the citations in Russian.

12 Likes

iOS, MacOS and Android all use two spaces as a shortcut to add a period, but only insert one space. Probably won’t be long before Microsoft does the same. Technology is making everyone embrace proportional spacing whether they like it or not.

4 Likes

Narrator : “They did not.”

3 Likes

I see you single space after a colon. Not sure what that abomination before it is.

1 Like

You are a monster.

4 Likes

Oh I can wholeheartedly say that any attempt at extrapolating anything useful from the study of my grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure is futile at best.

I do the same thing 4 different ways in one post. It’s a wild ride.

With the exception of two spaces after a period, because I’m not a complete butcher.

4 Likes

@kyleboone Please, please don’t come at me about the double space. Unless you want me to flip my lid.

2 Likes

I think you just admitted to colluding with the Russians.

2 Likes

Actually, it was the Soviets back then. My major was Political Science, International Relations, with an Area Studies in Russia and East Europe. I had to get an MBA so I could get a job.

5 Likes

Mother Russia required an MBA for the KGB?

6 Likes

Don’t know about that. Doesn’t appear that Bernie has an MBA.

6 Likes

Lol

Zoomers to Gitmo.

I was taught AP style in school. They don’t use the Oxford comma and the UNC system where most of my teachers went followed that.

4 Likes

They probably learned it in one of those fake classes that UNC offers.

15 Likes

I have a journalism degree. AP doesn’t use oxford. I specifically remember not using oxford in high school either and I think we used APA then.

Working in communications has made me not care enough anymore. Because everyone who edits wants their change made, even if you were right.

I got a nasty drunken email from the CEO’s wife when I was 25 over how I abbreviated the states in an article about her decorating the local airport with Native American Art.

I learned my lesson, it might be AP and sent to the newspaper correctly, but bosses and wives are always more correct at editing than the journalist’s AP guidebook! :laughing: No I didn’t get fired. But I was scared…

1 Like

English grammar summed up in a nutshell.

2 Likes