Kansas State QB Adrian Martinez Reportedly Game-Time Decision vs. Oklahoma State

Originally published at: Kansas State QB Adrian Martinez Reportedly Game-Time Decision vs. Oklahoma State | Pistols Firing

A significant injury looms.

Wouldn’t hate playing the backup or a limited Martinez. I had heard rumors that Vaughn was ailing. Anyone know anything?

Playing Martinez could hurt them in the long run.

Deuce has gone out for a time in the last 2 games( in between a bye week) and has had limit touches.

He’s only gotten a few touches in the last couple of games. Think he’s banged up pretty good.

I would rather Martinez play with a bum knee. His skill set is explosiveness in the run game. If he isn’t full speed then that’s to our advantage. However, I’m sure Kansas St has some second team WR, who they will trot out at QB in some gimmicky offense that will fluster our defense and fans alike.

1 Like

I heard that Vaughn is short, maybe 5’5”

Man, fans like to dog us for that, but you prep for something based on film and if someone throws something completely odd at you, if it’s fundamentally sound, it can work. The Miami Dolphins made the playoffs doing that in the pros with the wildcat. Even OSU did it with Walsh in the diamond formation when our running game was unfathomably bad. That kind of thing isn’t going to win you any championships, but it’ll win you some games.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m just having some fun for those fans who remember those games. I’m pretty confident in our team whoever they start at QB.

1 Like