Kasey Dunn Elevated to Oklahoma State Offensive Coordinator

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/kasey-dunn-elevated-to-oklahoma-state-offensive-coordinator/

Gundy keeps his long-time assistant on staff.

1 Like

Not surprising, but congrats to Coach Dunn.

1 Like

It’s about time. Should have promoted him last year.

Agreed; I’m very interested to see how this pans out

1 Like

I think this was a great (smart) move. Congrats to Coach Dunn!

1 Like

Now, if only he gets to call the plays and not get vetoed by The Mullet.

1 Like

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results!

How’s hiring Dunn, doing the same thing over and over again?

2 Likes

Run the same offense.

1 Like

Same offense as what? The one we ran back during the Holgorsen/Monken days, or the garbage we saw this season?

The same garbage we saw this season or last year when we were 9th in the conference or the year before when they won a few games against a conference so bad that nearly half of the coaches have been replaced.

Gundy’s only chance at a conference title is if the 9 other teams go on probation at the same time.

Please, do us all a favor and go do something you actually enjoy. You’re remarkably annoying…

1 Like

Good to hear!
Had no idea he had Idaho ties. Even cooler!
Go Pokes!

Exactly. Why do you think Dunn is going to mimic Gleeson or Yurcich? How 'bout let’s give him a shot and see what he brings to the table. He might turn out to be an extremely good play caller–or not. It’s not like we’ve got a long list of candidates to choose from, and I’d rather have an experienced and productive offensive coach in the role as opposed to another Google search. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t doubt Gundy’s ability to screw things up–he’s an average HC, but if he gives Dunn a fair chance to run the O, with minimal interference, I don’t see why he can’t take the best parts of the offenses he’s been involved with and put together a good system.

Even Gundy didn’t think he was the best choice last year, but what a difference a year makes.
The one hope I’ve got is maybe Gundy is as bad at evaluating coaches as he is with quarterbacks.

Now THAT’S clever!

How do you expect a total narcissistic control freak to suddenly see the light and actually allow his OC to be responsible for the offense? Hopefully Dunn has the grit of Monken or Holgorsen where he tells Gundy to work on the mullet and let him run the offense. TBA

After Meeting Coach Dunn about eight years ago and sharing a few beers at extreme camp. I think he is one hell of a recruiter and offensive mind. He has a great relationship with the players.Great choice. And he did call a series in the TTech game after halftime when the others were caught in the elevator and we did score, so there is that. Great guy and loves OSU enough not to leave and stay at all cost. I am sure he is one of the reasons Tylan is hanging for another year.

1 Like

I don’t think we will win the Big 12 but we will have a very good team. A very good team is not enough to unseat OU. I think the conversation between Gundy and Dunn went like this:
“you go to UNLV and you will be part of a program going nowhere. Stay with OSU and when we have a great season because of our dynamic trio then I will make sure you get the credit for our great offense. That should open the door for head coach offers. This is the same deal that Les Miles offered me when I was going with Baylor.”

It wasn’t a garbage offense it was garbage at times play calling. They didn’t help Sanders enough IMO. Just let all defenses know you’re hardly ever gonna throw in the middle of the field…