Keylan Boone Enters Transfer Portal, Kalib Boone Expected to Stay at OSU

And I like having a point guard that can basically shut down 4 of the other team’s 5 players on the floor (everyone but post).

Like your boy played 32min and scored 2 points.
He only had 8 games he scored in double figure. But was a starter

1 Like

What if you need a point guard to hit game winners?

Who is that?

Exactly correct. Gundy and Holiday do the exact same thing. Gary Ward once told me that it was a common occurrence in baseball for kids to transfer out after having a private one on chat with him. I think the dream with the two brothers was to play together. That goal was completed. Now it is down to playing time and a chance at the next level. Gotta get on the court for max minutes. Rondel will be able to fill Ice’s shoes and more, with his outside scoring threat. Boynton needs those scholarships to snag some of these 4-5 star shooting talents in the portal now.

If you dnt know you dnt even read your post

1 Like

If you’re talking about Cisse he got better as the year went on. He isn’t the one that has to transfer, right? Exactly!!!

That 30 min 2 point game was one of his later games. That’s your improvement

1.) It’s been said. It doesn’t need to be said 400 times.
2.) It’s pointless to sit around and nitpick and whine after a great season.
3.) If it’s a “massive mistake,” then we apparently overcame it 12 times last year which seems unlikely, so let’s not be hyperbolic here. It’s not that big of a deal. It would give us a nice wrinkle in the offense. Maybe it would’ve helped us in the red zone against Baylor, but so would have running Sanders, so it’s hard to say it’s ever cost us a win. People get fixated on this stuff and blow it out of proportion.

1 Like

Using a guy like Jelani correctly adds another thing the defense has to focus on stopping. Who knows if we win the Baylor game but having a guy that’s 6’7 that you routinely throw the ball to adds another option for the Baylor defense to worry about. The non usage of Jelani is indefensible.

2 Likes

Something needs to be said 400 times when Baylor football goes from the bottom of the conference to winning 3 titles.

1 Like

Why have you forgotten 399 times.

1 Like

There are some issues you guys over look.
Those times Sanders didn’t throw to an open woods, is on Sanders.
This year we had injuries and new guys in there, and we threw to them. So if woods was here it would have been a bigger year for him.
If any of you can’t see it, that’s a personal problem, not logic thinking.
It’s still doesn’t hide the failures wood had. Blocking and missed catches.

1 Like

You defend it by saying we won a dozen games last year, and as you said, there’s no way to know if it would’ve made a difference in winning a 13th. Gundy’s not a perfect coach. No coach is perfect. It’s fine if someone wants to criticize something they think he’s doing wrong, but to obsess over it and bring it up over and over and over again is absurd. Overall, what the team has done has been successful. I’m sure everyone has their reasons. Maybe there wasn’t trust in Sanders to make precise passes in the middle of the field. Maybe there wasn’t trust in Woods making contested catches. Maybe Sanders is the one deciding on “safer” passes.

It’s a fair critique, but all I’m saying is let’s keep it in perspective of a great season and not be wailing lamentations every time someone so much as mentions the word “tight” or “end”. It’s a pathetic existence as a fanbase if you can’t just enjoy when good things happen. If all you can do is find things to whine and complain about, then for the love of God and your own happiness, stop watching sports. You’re not being a “good fan” when you just sit around pissed off all the time about every minor little thing when your team is experiencing a program high point.

2 Likes

It’s better than scoring 0 like Keylan would do.

If, way to go joey

1 Like

Yes!!! So why did it take us two years to figure out that throwing the ball across the middle to a sizeable target (like we did in this last Bedlam) has its benefits?

I said before the Bedlam game this last season if Gundy wants a chance of beating them he better throw the ■■■■ ball to the middle of the field. We almost never do it!!!

Instead, we think throwing a pass to the sidelines (where there are less players to make a tackle if it gets picked off) is the best course of action for this offense.

Learn to read. I said “it’s”.

44 yards rushing through three quarters of football, and that wasn’t enough time for him to figure out that maybe he should go a little more uptempo and use Sander’s legs? There were absolutely no adjustments offensively after the first half of that game. He basically waited until the 4th quarter before doing anything different.

Then to top it all off. He goes back to doing the same exact thing for the win that hasn’t worked all game behind a battered OL and a 3rd string RB. That’s not championship caliber coaching. That’s complete stupidity.

He did the same thing in 2013 and 2016 as well when a championship was on the line. His bland game plans overtakes any kind of logic or reason he may have when it comes to playing for a conference championship. Last year wasn’t the first time this has happened, and I’m sure it won’t be the last if he finds himself in the CCG again.

Dude if you have nothing new to say dnt post.
All that chit you have said.

Find a game boone played 31 minutes and scored 0.

Heck beside ice find any player who played 31 minutes and didn’t score.

1 Like