Marcus Watson in trouble?

I was told earlier this week that Marcus Watson could be facing some trouble (female related). Nobody has reported anything, but Boynton didn’t mention him at all that I heard during Media Day this week. That seems strange, since he was supposedly the most physically ready to play of the freshmen.

Now, today there are two team pictures here, but I don’t seem him in either.

Something seems to be up…not good.

2 Likes

I was having a good day.

5 Likes

I’m not an insider and don’t pretend to be, but it seems like the math is starting to add up. I’m actually hoping someone can refute this since I haven’t heard any real reporting on it.

1 Like

I’m not going to jump to any conclusions as of yet. Considering Watson was in the dunk contest just last week and all of that, while something very well could have happened this past week, this is literally the first I’ve heard of any whispers and I tend to be pretty tuned-in on Twitter and all that. I’m sure that, if there’s any truth to it, something will come out. Until then, I don’t want to spread rumors about the kid.

3 Likes

Obviously it is early to start jumping to conclusions, but why does it always seem like this kind of stuff is following Boynton’s program? I am the biggest Boynton homer and have written the last two years off as “guys recruited by other dudes” and “having to take risky guys to fill out the roster”. I got nothing if Marcus found some trouble…

2 Likes

Not a comment on Watson specifically and I don’t want to give any passes, but it’s not exactly a “Boynton Progam” thing. These are 20 year olds. Every coach is going to have to deal with problems.

3 Likes

He was practicing at the open practice Wednesday night after Big 12 media days.

4 Likes

That’s a fair point. I am reserving judgement for this situation until something comes out, but at some point you are responsible for the guys you bring in. There aren’t any other schools in the Big 12 kicking dudes off the team every year. That being said, I do believe in the culture that Boynton is creating.

2 Likes

Also its not just Watson that is missing out of that picture there is also one of the walkons that are missing, they could have had a certain class during this time.

3 Likes

Not a 100% but looks like he is in the picture on the court between Cam and Hidde.

1 Like

Listen, I hope that you are right, and the last thing I want to do is start some terrible rumor. But doesn’t it seem weird that Boynton talked about every freshman on his roster during media day, except Watson? Especially since he was the crown jewel of the class.

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s Keylan Boone.

1 Like

no that is one of Boone twins

1 Like

Dude the night after media day which was on Wednesday they hosted a open practice and he was scrimmaging with the team in the 5 on 5 portion.

3 Likes

If he is in trouble, it is not with OSU PD or Stillwater PD… I called my “sawces” immediately hahahah

6 Likes

First off, I do want to say that I honestly do appreciate you not wanting to start some terrible rumor and I believe that you really are trying not to do so. That being said, that’s kind of what this thread is doing. Let’s look at the exact evidence you laid out for him maybe being in trouble.

1. Someone told you that he could be in trouble.
  2. Boynton didn’t mention Watson during Media Days
  3. He wasn’t in those two pictures.

I don’t know that making any sort of claim or even question about his status is fair. Because:

1. ‘Someone told me’ is not a legitimate or verifiable source. We don’t take that as proof when someone says that they know ‘for sure’ that people are PO’d with Boynton over Cade. We can’t take it now because anyone can say anything about anyone and be a ‘source’.
  2. He didn’t mention Watson during Media Day - could that have been because either a) MW had just been doing his job but not showing huge improvement (like the Boones) and/or b) he only had a certain amount of time dedicated to talking about personnel?
  3. He wasn’t in the pictures - like levi1 said, he may have had class. Frankly, I’d rather he skip the pictures and go and be a dang student!

None of these are proof and saying that you hope someone can refute it is not how things work. You can’t just say ‘I heard this terrible thing about you - prove me wrong’. Even if it’s false, it could damage the kid’s reputation.

Now, it could be true and we could have another dismissal, but it’s really unfair to Watson to speculate at all right now and equally unfair to Boynton to start labeling MW as ‘another one’. Let’s all just chill and hopefully this gets quickly and easily debunked.

7 Likes

I agree that this was a poor choice on my part. I apologize if things got out of hand. Maybe we can have one of the mods delete it so not to make it worse.

2 Likes

It’s all good, man. Like I said, I absolutely believe that you were just curious and wanted to know more info about something that matters to the program. I just don’t want us to get into the habit of speculating about kids and their futures just based off of ‘I was told’, that’s all. The Chamber is an AWESOME place because the information and rumors we get here tend to be sourced from legitimate places. If there was something going on, I am 100% certain that we would be informed.

Appreciate it!

1 Like

Good lord, get off your high horse. Do we really need a thread police for an exclusive forum? People who pay for this should be allowed to talk about whatever the hell they want to as it pertains to OSU. It’s not damaging a kid’s reputation here. Not showing up in two team wide pictures is not totally insignificant, either.