Market Discussion

Stomach has been churning all evening. Not supposed to worry about things out of my control, but hard not too.

1 Like

Is it bad to say my wife and I are hoping the market recedes so house prices decrease? Housing is stupid right now. Like, really really stupid.

Oil just dipped down 32% for a bit. Wow.

Shale players… Dead men walking.

Looking at CHK, market cap at $390m, debt is trading at 22c on the dollar (wtd avg).

Good luck to everyone.

1 Like

Considering I just bought a house, yes.

Sorry man… :expressionless:

But can we be really, really honest in saying a few things?

1.) The market was ripe for a correction. It’s been that way for at least two to three years, coronavirus be damned.

2.) Housing prices are absurd. Even houses in Memphis, that should be going for $250-275k, are in the $350-375 region. It’s freakin’ stupid.

In Fort Worth a few years ago, I cleared $50k profit on my house in less than 18 months. Houses under $250k went over list, cash bids only for a lot of places. Frothy as F.

1 Like

I agree.

S&P futures down anther 4%+ tonight. Prompt month oil will probably trade at $29 tomorrow.

Sleep tight!

Is this going to be the blood bath of all blood baths tomorrow?

No worse than the mass slayings of the past few days. Yeah for the breakers at 7%!

1 Like

And then 13% tomorrow maybe?

I don’t think so. Travel ban doesn’t include goods.

I’m thinking -3-6% tomorrow. WTI touches $29 before rebounding above $30. Everybody says this virus is nbd as markets tank.

On the markets: I still haven’t heard one person ask about liquidating their 401k. When the retail investors start talking and the 401k liquidations begin, I know it’s time to get back in.

1 Like

I plan on still buying VT at my regular schedule time. Holding stocks that I currently own but not buying any individual stocks for a few weeks.

I’m a fan of systematic investment. HOWEVAH (Stephen A. Smith voice), you might hold off a little on that VT. Not saying we are at bottom next week, but I’ll bet you can buy it lower next Thursday.

1 Like

I enjoy reading the things you have to say in here, for what it’s worth. I’m no stock market guy so it’s interesting to me.

1 Like

Then GET OUT.

Fine, I’ll just start a thread about investing in land and real estate and talk to myself.

3 Likes

I buy at the same time with VT so I don’t get emotional about it. Works well long term for me.

<3 you

1 Like