Martin, Oliver Make Nagurski Watch List, Showing Strength of Cowboys' D-Line

Originally published at: Martin, Oliver Make Nagurski Watch List, Showing Strength of Cowboys' D-Line | Pistols Firing

The Cowboys’ defensive line has two on a player of the year watch list.

My only concern about our defensive line is we have TOO MANY players! Just at one end position, we list Martin, Oliver and Ford. Any one of them could be Big 12 DPOY!

But, of all our lineman, if you made me pick just one to start with, I’d go with Tyler Lacy.

1 Like

Lot of watch list guys for another chitty gundy team

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::joy:

I assume the depth really helps keep those pass rushers fresh. I’d be curious to know how their snaps per game compare to the “blue blood” programs that should also have strong depth. It seems like being able to rotate those guys allows you to finish off opposing backfields in the 4th quarter.

2 Likes

Yep. I like the idea of fresh legs, but I also tend to think there’s a need for some rhythm too. I don’t know.

I kinda wish we could move Ford to LB.

2 Likes

Oliver has put on 25 or so pounds since last year I guess or in two years ? Whatever it is he’s just right for a rush end.
Go Pokes !! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

We might need to. Oliver was listed as an LB as a recruit. You could probably put either one of them at LB and it would be solid.

2 Likes