Coaching Search

Watching Illinois vs Wisconsin

We weren’t even playing the same sport compared to these two

6 Likes

It’s a dogfight.

I watched a Junior College regional final this weekend. I can attest that OSU MBB wasn’t even in the same league as JuCo. JuCo don’t have the most individual talent, but most compensate well with superior team chemistry, discipline, unselfish play, and making their darn freethrows!

2 Likes

Weird question, but follow me here:

Watching Terrence Shannon play out of his mind for Illinois. Let’s say hypothetically he chooses OSU. Does he play exactly like that at OSU vs. Illinois?

There’s a basketball thread for Illinois talk

1 Like

Bracket challenge thread for those interested

4 Likes

Does Terrence Shannon play out of his mind at OSU, if coached by Boynton?

1 Like

How about Chris Wright

No lol

Absolutely not.

Self would be great! The problem is he has a Mike Gundy roll over type contract that pays $13 million per year. Might as well move on from that dream :cowboy_hat_face:

Here’s a name: Jay Wright

He’s been out of coaching for several years now. Spent time with the family. Maybe he has the coaching itch again.

Can we afford him? That’s the question.

2 Likes

Jay Wright quit because of NIL and the portal.

3 Likes

Maybe he can be persuaded…

The CBS gig is pretty cozy.

1 Like

https://x.com/jeffborzello/status/1769540775124115905?s=46&t=IFF-v-KGQFR_uxyIfJR-YA

True. And I remember when he retired from coaching, someone mentioned that doing commentating/analysis was what he wanted to do after coaching.

Take him off the list then. Probably can’t even outbid St. Louis now because Chad foolishly paid Boynton to walk. Is it just me or did Chad put a lot of extra pressure on himself to get it right this time?

I think pretty much everyone would love to have him. I’d bet some NBA teams would even hire him. We just aren’t in his stratosphere, even if he wanted to come back. We are not even close to being that good of a job to lure someone like that, imo.

1 Like

I trust Chad knows what he’s doing

8 Likes