Merry Christmas!

Cheers to all of you gentiles.

3 Likes

Merry Christmas to all. May you all have a happy and peaceful day.
GO POKES!! Beat the Aggies (and Southeast Louisiana on Sunday!)

1 Like

Happy birthday to our favorite university too!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas, everyone! I’m taking today to be away from social media in favor of love, food, drinking, and relaxing. I hope your days are full of those as well!

Merry Christmas everyone !

Listening to my present to myself

2 Likes

3 Likes

Just hopped on to start a Christmas thread, pleased to see you guys already did it.

I’ve been away for the last week, spending time with the fam but also thinking and planning for 2020. I wanted to say thank you to everyone who reads and follows the site. We didn’t hit all of our goals for 2019, but we did hit a lot of them, which isn’t possible without you guys. I’m often startled at what this place has become, and always grateful for the community it has engendered.

Some PFB+ only stuff.

1. We’re hiring a full-time recruiting writer in 2020. That’s not public yet, but it will be. DM me folks we should consider.

2. We’re up to 800 PFB+ subs. That’s awesome, but I’d like to double or triple it in 2020. Having that full-time recruiting person will help. I’ve been super encouraged by how everyone has responded to our PFB+ only nuggets. I think there’s space for a lot more and better reporting around recruiting next year.

3. More stuff on the main site will become PFB+ only in 2020. A lot of times that will be just a link to something in here (a la TexAgs or SicEm365 – I really like the models they use). But the value of PFB+ will hopefully become more apparent in 2020.

4. The Chamber will be more integrated with the main site in 2020. It won’t (can’t?) be hosted on the same server, but it won’t feel as standalone as it does now.

5. A few of our goals for 2020: 20M pageviews, 1,500 PFB+, 100K social on all platforms, three meetups (!) with folks from The Chamber.

6. I hear you on the reaction pods and videos. It’s a tough juggle with how much our people are grinding editorially, but it’s on my mind. Not at the forefront like a recruiting writer, but up there.

7. If you see any of our staff IRL or online, tell them thank you. They all do an unbelievable job and have poured themselves into this place. It’s something I’m grateful for, and I hope you are, too. We’re never going to be perfect, but as long as I’m helping run this place, we’re going to be ambitious and labor toward creating the best product possible given our resources.

8. Merry Christmas. Glad to lead and be a part of this community. Be kind to each other in 2020.

14 Likes

Keep up the good work KP! I’ve enjoyed following the site since day 1… looking forward to the future evolution of the blog.

Definitely have enjoyed this blog. Was looking for a good alternative to GoPokes/Orange Power, and PF was a pleasant surprise.

I know I am a purveyor of bad takes, and don’t even care. The banter here is great. I look forward to maybe seeing peeps in person when I finally make it back to Stillwater for a game.

5 Likes

I didn’t think about stealing your thunder. I was just happy and popped on last night to give a merry greeting. You all have become a part of my day and I’m glad to have this community. Thanks Kyle and PFB Crew!

2 Likes

I love this. This is the internet. And for the record you make this place better THC.

2 Likes

I’m late to the foodie Christmas party, but here’s my contribution.

6 Likes

I sure hope that was as good as it looks…because it looks amazing.

It was better than it looks. :drooling_face::grin:

1 Like

Looks like something out of a Williams Sonoma catalogue.

It’s funny you say that, I got the basting bag and seasonings for the turkey we did from there for Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.

1 Like

What kind of rub did you use on it?

Just change the ratios on the rub if it’s half the size or whatever. Bag the peppercorn and crush it first.

It was like 500F for the first 45 minutes and then 325F until you reach and internal of 125F-130F depending on how rare you like it.