Michael 27 Comments

The difference between A&M and OSU, though, is pretty staggering when it comes to recruiting. A big target goes elsewhere for them, no big. Next elite talent up. A big target goes elsewhere for us, we’re taking a heavy step back. If there’s even the slightest chance that one of these mouthbreathers can affect our recruiting in a negative way, it needs to be taken care of.

(And from viewing other forums related to OSU, there is empirical evidence that some of the craptalking about players and coaches in threads have, in the past, driven recruits and families away. It’s not just a legend.)

5 Likes

It’s for sure happened I’ll try to dig it up. I remember back when Bartlett owned OP that it happened to us with somebody.

4 Likes

John7, Rick21, Steve92, Brian2, Chris55, and Chet11 are going to be tiiiccckkkeed when they have to spend more time on twitter since they can’t troll here (hopefully, one day, maybe, please).

2 Likes

It’s…still there.

okay guys, I’m going to make a comment on the thread and everyone like it, okay?

6 Likes

plz give me likes

9 Likes

Wait…now somehow we’ve made it worse? There are now 3 comments, two of which belong to Michael27!! The heck is going on here?

Quick! ABORT ABORT

6 Likes

What would commenting pricing be? $4.00 a month?

Done! jumps out of sewage

1 Like

I say just tie it in with PFB+. Set fire to the free lands and watch them burn into ashes, fueled by the angry cries of dipshits like michael27 and ar1.

1 Like

Anyone ever looked at the comments on CRFF or the Maven site? Graveyards. I wonder if the trolls would head there.

I miss comments on articles. That’s the problem with PFB+… everything is buried in a few massive threads within a general category (“basketball”,…). But those threads just wander around aimlessly. I miss focused conversations. But I guess, like everyone, I just really miss articles on real teams and real games.

3 Likes

There are still comments on articles.

1 Like

Technically, yes. But the invested PFB+ crew rarely contributes over there. Just kind of a weird situation.

Update: The only comments that will show up on the site are from trust level 3 folks on the forum. All PFB+ member will enter as trust level 3 going forward, and I will move those of us who are already in PFB+ to trust level 3 today. You can theoretically reach trust level 3 if you’re not PFB+, but it’s very difficult and you can’t get flagged all the time (i.e. Michael27 can’t reach trust level 3 so his comments will still show here but not on the site).

Also, I bumped the threshold for what shows up on the site up a little bit. Now you need at least 3 likes on a comment for it to show (you can bypass this by posting something awesome that a lot of people like).

14 Likes

I’d love to hear ideas on how to make it a better situation.

1 Like

Thanks for this, Kyle! I appreciate you taking our concerns seriously. We don’t want to stifle conversation or even stupid opinions, but a lot of us saw some danger in what was being said possibly affecting recruit decisions.

7 Likes

It’s hard. I thought you came up with the best compromise possible when you made the change. I don’t have a good idea. Could get much better once competition resumes.

So based on the pull across rules, what got that comment posted under the article was @leecothran linking to it to make fun of it?

I just changed these a few minutes ago so they did not apply to anything before like 10-15 min. ago. I don’t know how/if they retroactively affect comments being pulled across.