Mike Yurcich Announced as Offensive Coordinator at Penn State

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/mike-yurcich-announced-as-offensive-coordinator-at-penn-state/

Yurcich didn’t take long to find a landing spot.

He didnt fit that well at Texas. Not sure it’ll be better

I used to get upset because I thought the lackluster play calling and some of the stupidity on offense was because of him. Became apparent to me that it was Gundy hovering over the top of him and not Yurcich himself.

1 Like

Poor joe. I’m glad he is calling for some one else. Called bad in the ou game and only scored against us because Sanders was their 12th man

1 Like

Texas averaged 43 points per game and OSU averaged 30 points per game this season.

Texas scored 45 against OU while OSU put up a measly 13 points against OU.

So tell me who runs a better and more consistent offense. Gundy or Yurcich?

1 Like

What a bad argument. If you’re making Gundy responsible for all of Oklahoma State’s offense, then we’re talking the Holgy years, the Monken years, etc. I’d say Gundy. One year stacked against a decade and a half isn’t that significant.

1 Like

Joe he did call good games I didnt say Texas had a bad offense. Big difference. What I don’t understand is why u like all of Gundys oc when the were here but Gundy did any credit for calling plays then. Joe’s double standards again.

1 Like

There is a difference between hiring someone who knows offense, and thinking you know offense in and of itself.

Is that ur autobiographical statement. :joy::rofl::innocent::upside_down_face::crazy_face::scream::cry::flushed::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face:

I’m pretty sure Gundy has actually done more for the osu offense then anyone else.

I’m pretty confident that Gundy has been sticking his nose in the offense since he started hiring OCs with little experience. Monken and Holgerson would’ve told Gundy to pound sand with the same 3 plays over and over.

1 Like

Lol lol that’s so funny 3 plays good one logan. Ur really good at digs. NOT.:joy::upside_down_face::innocent::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

“Three years ago, Mike Gundy told the Tulsa World that the 2010 hiring of Dana Holgorsen was “the smartest coaching move I’ve made.”

“With Gundy doubling as head coach and offensive coordinator, the Cowboy offense stumbled to the finish line of the 2009 season. During a 27-0 loss at Oklahoma, the Cowboys were 0-of-14 on third-down conversions and mustered only 109 total yards. During a 21-7 Cotton Bowl setback against Ole Miss, OSU was 2-of-13 on third down and had 259 total yards.”

“With Holgorsen calling the shots and the plays, the 2010 Cowboys were 11-2. They averaged 44.2 points while ranking third nationally in total offense and second in passing. Weeden broke every significant single-season passing record. Blackmon had 111 catches and won the Biletnikoff Award. Hunter rushed for 1,548 yards.”

What happened after the season? Gundy runs him off the campus.

U always funny. Ur rite Gundy didnt run him out of town , he kicked him all the way to west Virginia to be hc. He never got a 11 and 2 . Also I hear he has rebuilt Houston my be another possible rehirer. :upside_down_face::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::money_mouth_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yes, the personnel probably had nothing to do with that. I liked Zac, but Brandon Weeden is the best QB OSU has ever had. Keith Toston was not Kendall Hunter and Hubert Aniyiam was not Justin Blackmon.

Holgerson never went to WV to become the HC. He originally went there because he was hired as an OC.

He was hc in 2011

1 Like

Good thing he ran him off we went 12 and 1 after he was gone.

1 Like

Yeah but here is the thing. Brandon Weeden was a huge part of the 2nd half come back against Colorado in 2009. Yet, Gundy still played an injured Zach Robinson in Bedlam and against Ole Miss.

He played an injured QB that rarely even seen any daylight on an NFL field over a guy that was drafted at #22 in the NFL draft.

Weeden was a walk-on and Blackmon was 3 star recruit. Holgy found a way to make them the most dynamic duo in college football.

If Gundy had his way we would of had Nathan Sorensen as our starting QB and Hubert Anyiam as our primary WR.

Because of Brandon Weeden and Todd Monken. Weeden probably knew more about the offense than Gundy himself.