Most Hated Goons

Disclaimer: I may have done this before. Haha!

These are not my actual numerical order except for #1. That one is eternal. Just a list of athletes, coaches, and folks connected in general.

1. Baker
  2. Bob Stoops
  3. Blake Bell
  4. Kelvin Sampson
  5. Kevin Bookout
  6. Trent Smith
  7. Jalen Saunders
  8. Mike Stoops
  9. Trae Young
  10. Courtney Paris
  11. Joe Mixon
  12. Castiglione
  13. Boren
  14. District Attorney Greg Mashburn
  15. Tramel
  16. Sam Mayes
  17. Mike Steeley
  18. Ryan Minor
  19. Eduardo Najera
  20. Blake Griffin

That’s a decent list for now. Open for discussion or rip me to pieces. Y’alls choice.

Happy reading. Go Pokes!!!

5 Likes

For those keeping score… the above topic is one of the very few acceptable times when it is OK to discuss OU on an OSU fan board.

JustGary approved.

8 Likes

Thanks! Kinda figured I was safe, @JustGary!

1 Like

I would add some older & more obvious names-- Switzer, Tubbs, Jack Armstrong, & the Boz.

3 Likes

Still maintain that it is very “little brother-ish”

2 Likes

Now there’s a challenge…let’s see how far back I can go before I was born plus a few more randoms: SHITzer, Tubbs, Boz, Selmon brothers, Charles Thompson, Jamelle Hollieway. Dean Blevins, Eschbach, Thayer Evans, Toby Rowland, Toby Keith, Jim Ross, Skip Bayless.

Every last one of them is Goon in some way, shape or form. Arrogant, entitled, and always running the mouth.

1 Like

No, “little brotherish” is when you brag about the one thing you’re good at to anybody who will listen, but ignore that big brother takes your lunch money in like 7 other categories.

2 Likes

What’s weird is I get more triggered by OSU folks making the “little brother” comment than I do when OU fans say it.

1 Like

Carson

2 Likes
  1. Baker
  2. Baker
  3. Baker
  4. Bob Stoops
  5. Blake Bell
  6. Lincoln Riley
  7. Joe Mixion
  8. Bradey Manek
  9. Trae Young
  10. Austin Reeves
  11. Boren
  12. Trammel
  13. Mayes
  14. Any OU fan who didn’t attend the university, and most who did (with the sole exception of my grandpa)
3 Likes

Did your grandpa fall in the first category? That was the case with mine. He was a HUGE OU fan and I’m not sure if he ever set foot in Norman. Was even buried with an OU polo on and an OU cap was put in his casket. I cut him slack because his prime adult years were in the era of Bud Wilkinson.

1 Like

I hate to say it, but I worked two summers in athletic maintenance at GMS (had to make money) between HS and college and ran into Bob Stoops on multiple occasions, and he was as nice as could be every single time. Even bought us lunch a couple of times. I even made a point to wear OSU shirts as often as possible lol.

Austin Reaves is toward the top of my list. Arrogant, he flopped constantly, and pouted every time something didn’t go his way. Also, Quade Cummins.

2 Likes

:persevere:

2 Likes

Yes, he does. Huge OU fan, only been to Norman a couple of times. He gets slack cause he’s family and he grew up right through their big football streak

1 Like

My own hate list, in no particular order than these first three (in this order):
Baker (hate, hate, hate)
Blake Bell (double hate)
Trae Young (LOATHE ENTIRELY)

The rest:
Jalen Saunders (the DB actually stands for Douche Bag)
Castiglione (can’t this guy just higher a loser for once)
Bradey Manek (he’s the blake bell to trey young’s baker Mayfield)
Austin Reeves (he’s the blake bell to bradey manek’s baker Mayfield, he also eats dog turds)
Boren (sleazeball)
Any OU fan who didn’t attend the university (pretty much the town of Lawton)

3 Likes

I wish it couldn’t be said, but it is not hard to see why

1 Like

I mentioned this one once before:
My mom’s boyfriend/SO is this guy, I don’t think he attended or he didn’t finish, either way he falls in this category. Bedlam 2019 he got drunk (surprise surprise for ou fans) and started arguing with me over HCMG because gundy said something to the effect of “they have regular running backs, nothing special” - something to that extent. I defended gundy on the basis of ‘he’s just looking out for his team and firing them up.’ The Dbag started down a line of hooting and hollering that led me to think he wanted me to admit lincoln logs was daddy and that meant he (the Dbag) was too (what is it with ou fans and this line of thinking?). Anyways, my mom hears this and comes over to sort of break it up, to which the Dbag gets his last few words in, calling me a loser and our family a bunch of losers (again, what is it with ou fans and this line of thinking?). Well that night I drove my crying mother to my brother’s place. Since then, we have not seen him in person for more than an hour or two. Sucks for my mom, but fuggin ou fans ruin everything they touch - all because of the foosball.

So why do they have such fragile egos? Where are the psychologists? Surely there’s a PFB+er in here who can break down what’s really wrong with their mentality of always having to be the winner.

2 Likes

Giving me childhood flashbacks here Geo

2 Likes

We can go to counseling together.

3 Likes

I share this knowing this scenario could be from so many other OSU fans and all you have to do is change the names.

2 Likes