Most Hated Sooners

In the words of the great Michael Buffer, “Let’s get ready to RUMMMMBBBLLE!!!” These guys make my blood boil. A collection of folks who have been the bane of my sports-loving existence who have caused me more heartbreak than my ex-wife ever could…

1. Baker Mayfield - the over-the-top sense of arrogance and entitlement that comes from quarterbacking a school who looks past your multiple misdemeanors in Arkansas and forces the conference to change the rules to your benefit. Baker is talked about ad nauseum for his Heisman, #1 pick status, statistics, actually helping the pitiful Browns win and a host of other things. For me, he is enemy number one for the fu manchu and declaring himself the real sheriff. Not to mention, the homemade back to back Big 12 champs shirt he wore under his uni in 2016 or 2017. The fact that we scored 52 one year in Stilly and failed to beat him still burns… Every Baker article on PFB under Porter’s leadership only poured salt in the wounds. I loathe Baker. I mean, what type of douche cheats on his smokestack wife with a random in the back parking lot of The Cheesecake Factory?! He’s awful. Despite the fact that he’s supposed to be a professional, he still takes shots at teenage Longhorn commits on Twitter. The ultimate example of a dude still carrying a chip on his shoulder when there shouldn’t be. His theatrics on the field scream, “Look at me!” He’s an attention-grabbing punk who JUST WON’T GO AWAY!!!

2. Bob Stoops- led the Goon program for 18 years, multiple Big 12 titles, one Natty and 3 other appearances in the big one. And kicked our a$$es along the way. The same guy who preached No Excuses was constantly crying to officials during games. The visor and double-chin made it look even worse. How many times did he look the other way and “handle things internally” while players broke rules, broke NCAA violations, and in one case, broke a woman’s face? In my mind, Stoops should never get credit for winning the right way. He did it at all costs. Period. The way he treated local media at times during a press conference was beyond awful. Not to mention, he could never start and stop sentences correctly. His sentence structure in speaking doesn’t even exist. He just seems to ramble from point to point in a disjointed manner. Watch the press conference where he backtracks on Mixon’s “punishment”. It’s nails on a chalkboard.

3. Kelvin Sampson- the sweat-stained denim shirt which made him look downright silly compared to Eddie’s nice suits. The persistent whining to refs. Allowing Eduardo Najera to play as dirty as he did with no repurcussions. Crying about Victor William’s bank shot to beat them 48-46 in Stilly one year. The guy broke NCAA rules at not one, but two places. He was so reverent of Eddie’s stature in the history of basketball and truly mourned his passing. I respected Kelvin much more after learning this, but he was still a headache for Cowboys to deal with for a long time.

4. Blake Bell-3rd team QB who broke my heart when he found Jalen Saunders in the back of the west end zone to steal Bedlam in 2013. That one still hurts. Saunders shouldn’t have even been eligible to play due to transfer stuff. The year prior, Caleb Lavey whiffs on a 4th down tackle in Norman that would’ve given the Pokes back to back Big 12 titles. “The Belldozer” had reached a new level of pain. Not to mention, Dallas signs him despite having Jarwin on the roster. He sucks. Big-time.

5. Eduardo Najera- dirtiest player I’ve ever witnessed. Swung more elbows than most pro wrestlers. Usually dropped 15 to 20 a night in his prime in Norman. Still can’t stand him.

6. Kevin Bookout-the guy could average 8 a night, but by God, he ALWAYS went off on us. 28 points, 14 boards in Norman one night. Seemed to always play his best against the Pokes. Still don’t like him for that.

7. Jack Spates- could be a thorn in John’s side at times, but the reason I can’t stand him is for screaming “No way!” as true freshman Kaid Brock pinned their defending national champion at 125 (I think.) At the time, I thought it was disrespectful and unprofessional, and I still do.

8. Adrian Peterson-beat his child. Reason enough right there to dislike him. Came in as a 5-star and right away was special. Bedlam 04, he rushes for 250 yards and multiple TDS in a huge Goon win. After the first 80 yard touchdown complete with spin move, I wanted him in the NFL ASAP. We never had an answer for him. Never.

9. Joe Mixon-similar to Peterson.

10. Ryan Minor-beat us in 2 sports and had a little Baker arrogance before Baker’s time. Reason enough right there.

1 Like

Ur doing ur age :crazy_face::wink::upside_down_face::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face:

It starts and ends with Mayfield, the walking definition of a Sooner Douche Bag.

4 Likes

Do we not go back to the 80’s?:thinking::hugs::money_mouth_face::upside_down_face::rofl::joy:

Go back as far as you need, brother. Switzer, Tubbs and Boz off the top of my head. Add your choices, @robert28.

1 Like

Sure am.