NCAA Rejects OSU's Appeal, Banned for 2022 Postseason

Kansas has 5 level one infractions. Will be interesting to see what happens with them. However, it seems that any program that doesn’t cooperate and strings the investigation along gets off free because the NCAA has dwindling reach and assets. Look at Miami football about a decade ago….investigation just kind of fell apart.

3 Likes

Time to show up in full force at GIA this year. What the NCAA is trying to do to harm this program will not work. OSU should never cooperate with them again. Take a page out of the Kansas playbook, because nothing will happen to that program.

4 Likes

The only legal foot OSU has to stand on in my own non-legal mind is if any other school caught in that investigation had similar infractions, including any employee of the school who did not cooperate with the investigators but that school received lighter sanctions. Then you have a case to take to court unless the NCAA has some kind of contractual clause stating a member school cannot sue them after an appeal is denied. Who knows? That is why ADs are paid really big bucks these days for these kind of headaches. My main concern would be transfers because a few guys want to showcase their talent in tournaments for NBA scouts. We can assume that the NCAA did not hand down judgment last season only for one reason. Cade Cunningham built up tv viewership and that translates to dollars earned. I doubt that the news conference today can state much other than they are looking into pursing legal action. I remember Mike Holder explaining that if you lose an appeal then you have no more bullets left to fire. This is the first that I heard the charges included a player receiving money.

1 Like

The NCAA number is 317-917-6222.You can leave a message on their comment line. Fill up their phone lines.

4 Likes

I’m sure there is all kinds of licensing b.s. involved, but if I was part of the OSU athletic department, I would go out of my way to cover every NCAA logo on our playing surfaces and uniforms.

1 Like

Easier said than done, but go out and win the regular season championship. Its not a natty but its a championship! Also, does this disqualify us from the NIT as well?

1 Like

There has to be a law firm out there chomping at the bit to get the TV time and publicity in representing OSU alumni and fans in a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT (I think $50M to start) against the NCAA.

1 Like

We would be disqualified from the NIT since it’s owned and ran by NCAA.

1 Like

Thank you.

I want to hear from Dr. Kayse Shrum.

1 Like

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT (I think $50M to start) against the NCAA.

Make it $500 million in honor of T Boone Pickens!

1 Like

Since most cell phone services have free long distance, I just might leave frequent messages several times a day until they just block my number. I will leave a message asking that someone from the infractions committee call be back about the OSU ruling.

1 Like

You’re welcome

1 Like
1 Like

I really like the idea of ripping off the NCAA logos but I think that is an infraction. I support the idea of frequent and many phone calls to the NCAA. I think I will phone in some fake pizza deliveries.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

NCAA said the universities were victims in these scandals uncovered by the FBI. The NCAA failed to curb shoe money and agents invading college basketball creating an environment ripe for scandal. Shoe money and agents have been an issue for decades. Would be interesting to see NCAA process applied to the NCAA organization. They should be allowed to utter phrases like “lack of institutional control”, “failure to monitor”, “academic fraud”.

It was the FBI that brought the problem to light not the enforcement wing of the NCAA. FBI knew Lamont was cheating at South Carolina and knew oSu was in the dark when they hired him. Any school getting a ban makes no sense. The stupidity of this is hard to fathom.

I might just have to use one of those services that sends a glitterbomb or some farm animals shiit to an address of your choosing.

1 Like

NCAA has a Facebook page where I posted a comment. There are only a couple posts on there now about OSU. We need to flood that page with thousands of protests. Andy Katz is affiliated with the NCAA, he does some kind of video for them. He would be good to contact and protest. He will surely cover this ruling.

1 Like

Dickie V gonna lose his shiit today over this. I can’t wait!!!

1 Like