NIL

Who’s getting paid tomorrow?

My top 3 on who I think makes the most from this over the next year -

1. Spencer Sanders
  2. AJ Ferrari
  3. Bo Jin
1 Like

Who is the first player to get a deal from Oklahoma State?

https://forum.pistolsfiringblog.com/t/nil-money-in-college-sports/11824/11

Avery
Trace
Bernard

Give me as many ridiculous endorsements as possible, that’s what I’m most excited for.

Some inspiration in case any businesses need ideas:

And look at this, already a great endorsement. Jordan Bohannon is getting paid to help sell fireworks.

NIL is going to be awesome.

2 Likes

DROP THE BAGS! :briefcase: :moneybag:

I hope the NCAA has no plan to try to restrict or enforce anything about this. At all. Drop all the bags. Empty Boone’s entire remaining accounts. At this point in sports history, I have ZERO moral question about paying players. Pay every single potential recruit as much as possible. It’s always been a free-for-all anyway. Do whatever it takes financially to win Big 12 titles and beat OU on a more consistent basis.

6 Likes

Spencer would rake all the bags if Stilly had a Cabelas or Bass Pro. Academy outdoor section will have to do I guess.

Avery would do great with any car dealer promoting vehicles that have speed, handling, that type of thing.

AJ Ferrari would do really well with any sports bar in town or Ultimate Air. Places where it’s perfectly normal to go crazy.

5 Likes

SHOW THEM THE MONEY!

Amen

Avery could help advertise martial arts studios, because he slices through the defense. :clown_face:

5 Likes

I would love for PFB to pay the athletes for exclusive interviews, ads, and promoted posts just to get under gundo’s skin. Seriously though, I wonder how well this venture will work on average.
My favorite would have been Ramon Richards and current preference would be whoever is most like Ramon. They just bring quality material.

But PFB feels like a BB site now, so give me Kouma, Rondel, and the Boones.

4 Likes

His nickname is Grundy. Get it right.

So something I found out today is that international students aren’t yet allowed to make money off NIL because they are in the U.S. with an education visa.

2 Likes

I remember some website had Cade, while in high school, write periodic posts about what was going on in life/basketball. Maybe PFB could sponsor a player to have a writing series for an entire season? To get that inside look with guidance from @marshall.

Perhaps another conflict but could be a good series.

Seems communist. Are they not allowed to work either?

I’m sure it’ll get worked out at some point.

1 Like

Aren’t normal international students who are here on education visas allowed to monetize YouTube and Twitch accounts? Like that can’t just be for legal U.S. citizens. This makes no sense at all. Why would that be different for student-athletes?

Let’s do a vote or survey or just a collection of suggestions for his nickname. I’ll start: The One-Hit Wonder. One Bedlam win that truly mattered. One Big 12 title. One Fiesta Bowl. One overpaying contract. One bad-a55 mullet.
Next!