Non OSU football thread

I personally love it when a Tennessee, UCLA, USC, ole miss gets beat by a no name. I feel we are slowly becoming a “blue blood” or at least on the fringe. I feel that when these other fringe teams (vote stealers) lose regularly it only helps us long term.

I’d love to see Oregon beat Auburn. Then for Oregon to lose to an unranked team and Auburn beat a ranked SEC team later on.

Seeing Tennessee lose today was deeply satisfying.

4 Likes

Wyoming is taking it to Mizzou. Absolutely hilarious. Little makes me happier than watching Missouri get beat.

1 Like

I’m with you. Right up there with tamu, Nebraska and Colorado. However, I’m becoming a bit numbed to seeing them all get beaten on a regular basis. (Felt like I was taking a grammar test on that past sentence. Hope I passed).

For sure. Can’t lose 2 of your best all time offensive guys and be great the next year. Well Iowa State can’t.

I just hope so, so much that Houston can take down OU tomorrow. It’ll be like that scene from 300 - the king can bleed so he is able to be killed. That is what I want to see.

Texas might pull our intestines out through our A hole.

They might. But why do you say that?

Watching them. They look really good in all phases.

So you think our offense is on par with La Tech? Our defense may be. But, to me, it looks like a shoot out, with turnovers being key. Am I naive? Or do you see something I don’t?

I don’t know that it’s a stretch to say that our D is trash. Giving up what we did and the yards we did to Oregon State is…bad. We didn’t look capable of competing. Our offense won that game - our D got lucky it didn’t lose it.

I swear to god some of y’all are just begging for Gundy to fail so hard that you can’t think.

2 Likes

I’m not sure we can stop them. Yes we’ll move the ball on them, but I think they have a better chance of getting stops on us than us on them. Going to hope I’m wrong, but they look pretty good.

No.

1 Like

I don’t think you get it. We want him to win. We want him to succeed and get a Big 12 title and a playoff slot and, hell, a national title. We just don’t see that he’s in ANY POSSIBLE WAY capable of doing so. None of us are rooting against OSU and seeing good things happen is fantastic. But if you can legitimately sit here and say that Gundy can live up to T.Boone’s hopes this year or subsequent years, you cannot be thinking logically.

2 Likes

I disagree. I think our defense was surprised by the pass first strategy of the beavers. We quickly adjusted. We ran a vanilla defense because we didn’t need anything fancy. It’s looking good to me. And why is someone watching the game on the Longhorns network? Hoping you’re at a bar or a friend’s house. Lol

1 Like

Respectfully they pushed our front seven around at will. Their receivers ran pretty much uncovered.

I hope we improve, but we have a lot of ground to cover.

1 Like

They weren’t good, but we were never in danger of losing that game.

1 Like

That game, no. But if we maintain that level of trash against Texas, OU, or any Big 12 team aside from Kansas, we’re going to be demolished.