Off Topic 🚀

Steaks are risky. I agree completely with you, but I always want to go medium and worry about MR. I think that if I say MW so I’ll be sure I get medium, it will be interpreted that I really want well done. If I say medium, I think they will not want to overcook and go the other way. For me, it all comes down to whether the place is a genuine steak place and does this all the time.

3 Likes

Never thought about it with burgers lol but you’re right.

1 Like

I eat my burgers well done unless I really trust the beef

4 Likes

CHILDREN … my admin inbox is full of flags and messages.

Let’s cool it with the Biden and Putin polls lol.

17 Likes

To me, the best way to way a steak is rare to medium-rare, and a burger can be any degree of done if its made well.

5 Likes

By the way, super random but there’s a place called sunny side up off 19th in Moore, it’s a breakfast place but their burgers are top tier. Wasn’t feeling breakfast the other day so I ordered one and it was one of the best I’ve ever had.

1 Like

Burgers…well done?

Oof…

1 Like

@SherlockOhms corroborated and dude is deputy pitmaster behind @Borelan57

1 Like

If it is a smash burger, then well done all the way. If it is a nice thick half pound burger then I am aim for medium. I eat a lot of rare to medium rare steaks, but I do not mess with anything under medium on ground beef, seen people get sick off that before when improperly cooked and there are too many hourly employees that do not care enough to cook properly.

10 Likes

Exactly. The number of ground beef food poisoning cases is quite high from both restaurants and home cooks who improperly cook meat. And any ground beef marked as “quick sale” might as well have a black box warning, LOL. When it comes to ground beef, our family actually takes what would be sirloin steak or chuck roast and then asks the butcher to grind it for our burgers. Given it still goes through the same grinder, it still needs to be cooked properly. But it sure tastes better :yum:

1 Like

@Borelan57 is speaking the truth here. Plus when you do a smash burger it’s supposed to get the caramelized beef. Pub or steakhouse style medium is fine as long as you trust the beef and the people preparing it to be sanitary

2 Likes

You can still get to 155 and have a nice, safe, juicy burger that would be considered medium well. 160 would get you technically within bacteria killing temp and considered “well done”, but in my experience the well done brought out by restaurants is closer to the sole of my boot.

2 Likes

I’m glad the steaks comment detailed the conversation to this when it did.

3 Likes

Good thing this thread is mostly pro-beef it appears - how ever one chooses to eat it. I was afraid for a minute a new controversy might be started by a vegan or fruitarian or whatever else groups say that eating beef is offensive or something like that would start throwing flags :rofl:

Well let’s stir some $#it back up.

I personally believe BBQ sauce is only used to cover up bad BBQ and if you do it right you don’t need it.
#teamdryrub

(Disclaimer: burnt ends can soak in some sauce at the end, and the use of a Carolina sauce or hot sauce on a pulled pork sandwich is acceptable)

Bring it

2 Likes

The only thing I’ll use Carolina sauce for is to clean my toilet :wink:

4 Likes

I personally opt for hot sauce, but sometimes I like the vinegar sauce with it

Steaks should be medium rare.

I had Stock Hill in KC last Friday and it was :+1:

3 Likes

1 Like

I’ve never been a sauce-on-my-steak kind of guy…but melting blue cheese over the top is fuggin :drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

2 Likes