Official Cade Cunningham thread

You’d make the deal when we end up with none of them? Also, Boone confirmed what I said in an earlier post. So that’s fine that you don’t believe me. My “source” IS the person. It’s not 2nd hand info. Not too hard to figure out either if you think about it. I told him I wouldn’t put his name out their so I won’t. Moving on, if Grundy gets in the top 5 for big name talents (like he has several times) and strikes out then moves to “plan B” he gets SLAMMED for not closing the deal. So to fix that he started recruiting the kids who truly wanted to be here and fit the culture. Thus pulling the program into a more respected outlook. Miss me with the “look at our record”. Gundy is the goat when it comes to OSU football coaches and it’s not even close. My point still remains that its such a double standard because it’s “new” and the basketball team has been that bad. Getting kids like Davis (and probably would have resulted in Williams) is how you build the culture. Much like the class we just signed. That’s my point and I won’t apologize for beating that drum loudly. Like I’ve said, I HOPE I’m wrong. Howeva, the point still remains. Selling your soul for a guy this early in never seems to result in good things. That’s just the way it is.

1 Like

So that’s where we are? Who cares if he gives up the guys that commit, as long as it’s for a shinier Star (That we don’t get)? Geez… OK…

I’d make the deal where we shoot our shot at #2 and a top 20 player in the country as opposed to being fine with two top-100s, yes. Even if it doesn’t land, it’s showing effort. Miss me with ‘well, let’s build things up’ as opposed to ‘we have a legit shot to land the possible best recruit in the country’. That’s 100% the kind of mentality that has our football team in the toilet right now. ‘Let’s build our culture with 3-stars and occasional 4s - that’s our way’. Pass.

And you can talk about your ‘source’ being this important person all you want. I’m going to trust the sources through people actually connected to the program as opposed to some random guy on a message board. Doing the latter turns us into a UK-style board.

3 Likes

I haven’t done it but are we sure it does us no good to show CC some twitter love?

1 Like

continually beats the already dead horse

5 Likes
1 Like

That’s generally how recruiting is… we love the guys who commit but if there’s a better player out there then yes they will absolutely be recruited over. And if the commit decides to leave then that’s part of it. That isn’t just an OSU thing. That’s college athletics. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

You’re dead-on. More importantly, us doing so means we’re willing to compete on a larger scale. ‘Building a culture’ is all well and good, but I’d rather build one that involves us taking shots at truly-elite talent as opposed to several pretty-good players.

2 Likes

Just had a minor heart attack: https://www.instagram.com/p/B39qw9dHmIT/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

8 Likes

I totally agree with this. IMO I think it is pretty cool we are talking about Bryce and Cade as legit chances and a guy like Rondel Walker who is a top 100 player is a practical lock. Remember the days when we use to be as excited about guys like Courtney Ramey like we are with Bryce and Cade today? Ramey was a top 50 and no where near the same talent.

Sucks we lost Davis, sure. But even if we whiff on both Cade and Bryce, the future is bright and this shouldn’t deter Boynton from continuing to pursue this level of talent.

4 Likes

Okay, that is a beautiful troll from Cade. I’m not even mad. What is ESPECIALLY telling is this:

“Just check y’all’s sources. :joy: I tried to tell y’all about that “inside scoop” y’all are getting. The rumors are false. My circle is as tight as the period at the end of this sentence.”

To me, that’s a not-so-subtle cue for Kentucky fans to back the eff off. They are the ones spreading ‘definitely committing’ and other rumors and, seeing as this is the second time he’s had to say he’s not committed anywhere yet, I would imagine he’s getting annoyed by that.

7 Likes

Not going to lie my heart was beating so fast when I got that notification lmao, I agree with the Doc.

2 Likes

We told you yesterday …

6 Likes

What are you talking about? Love for OU? You’re just making crap up. Stop.

7 Likes

Love it.

1 Like

What the hell, are you suggesting Boynton be fired because he misses out on a recruit, Davis’s decommitment not withstanding? Just stop commenting.

Boynton is fighting to put OSU on the map, and if this is what it takes, he NEEDS TO KEEP DOING IT.

2 Likes

Kentucky getting owned.

Great comment, and I think what people are missing, or forgetting, is that this year’s squad is ultimately going to be very instrumental in drawing new players in, depending on how they perform. I think they can really help by making the tournament, which they should do.

Cade and Bryce choosing us is a bit secondary, as far as drawing other good recruits is concerned.

2 Likes

I personally am not on Twitter, but I frequently look at some of these guys’ posts, as they pertain to recruiting, who is their Top 5, that kind of thing.

I’d recommend maybe a “Hey, would be great to have you, but make the decision that best fits your goals” kind of post. Don’t be too “in your face” or “creepy” about it.

Some of the repetitive crap I see posted is annoying. There is one OSU Tweeter in particular who always posts on recruits’ feeds, and it’s so f***ing annoying. Just leave them be, let the coaches do their job, maybe post a note of congratulations, but not much more.

1 Like

You’re taking light hearted jokes too seriously. I was hoping the Big Country crystal ball would have made that obvious.

This is sports bar, right?

1 Like