Official Cade Cunningham thread

Isn’t this a Cade Cunningham thread lol

9 Likes

Eskimo Joe’s isn’t the only business in Stillwater, Lee, don’t be disingenuous. Stillwater has its own “mile of cars” or whatever the hell you want to call it.

Stillwater Designs could market its woofers on a national basis, maybe using our star defensive tackle(s) we might have at any given point…

Mercury Marine (if they’re still there) could market its boats using our guys.

And yes, Tulsa is an OSU lean, or at least seems that way. There are some demographic aspects that contribute to that, not to mention that OSU-Tulsa and the College of Osteopathic Medicine have a more prominent place than OU’s crappy Tulsa campus does.

1 Like

Here is the thing - people still remember SMU getting caught giving high schoolers cars and clearly NCAA Basketball still has its own issues as we have seen in the FBI investigation. So I think there is a ton of fear but the truth is we don’t really know what to expect.

But once this all becomes legal, its going to get really interesting how much donors are willing to pay. Lets say an OSU donor paid Wes Lunt 100K to come to OSU. He was average and then transferred. Lets say that same donor then paid Nick Starkel 110K to stay committed to OSU. His career was average at best. That donor is 200K in the hole and has basically nothing to show for it. Is he just going to keep doing this every year? Maybe… But I don’t know (I wouldn’t)…

Where it all gets interesting is the apparel companies. They have more money than all the donors combined. If they can pay High Schoolers and then direct them to certain schools that they sponsor in return for a contractual commitment from that high schooler, then this could go dark real quick. Recruiting wouldn’t matter and NCAA basketball/football would change forever.

The first few years of this though will be dramatic I think but my guess is that after a couple years it will simmer down and it will be something we don’t talk about or even really know about.

1 Like

If a “donor” is able to give out $200k like it’s nothing, losing that $200k is probably of little concern to them.

Rivals just did a post about 10 players who would’ve cashed in on the new image & likeness rules. 4 of them were from non-blueblood schools (Beasley @ KState, Rose @ Memphis, Simmons @ LSU, Trae @ OU).

Slightly shocked only 60% of their choices went to blue-blood schools. Take that as you will, but I personally expected it to be a little higher.

Talked with someone at OSU today, and the feeling I get is not only that OSU is absolutely still in the picture for Cade Cunningham, but that OSU believes it is the frontrunner. In fact, the source I talked to believes it could be a matter of days before OSU gets good news.

The early signing period is Nov. 13-20.

16 Likes

Pleasepleaseplease, Gods of Sport. You took our Receiver King from us - deliver to us the Basketball Titan as recompense.

7 Likes

Don’t play with my emotions like that.

1 Like

Yeeeeeeeah buddy!

I was told by a contact at USA Basketball that it’s OSU for sure.

What is in the chamber stays here for non-staff too, right?

9 Likes

Absolutely. We keep it locked tight here. That is AMAZING news if it pans out. Not saying it won’t mind you - I actually trust that you have sources.

very funny … very creative … GOD hears a faithful prayer … lol

1 Like

In a perfect world, what’s the domino order for osu? Too many recruits to keep track of. Lol

Oh man!

Rondel :white_check_mark:
Cade on deck
Thor to follow?
Then the moonshot… Bryce?

My day is getting better after the Tylan news!

1 Like

I agree with this. Cade being next is the best case scenario. However, if Thor is next it could be a sign of Cade or Bryce soon to follow.

My honest opinion: I think the UK stuff was done to simply make the media think someone other than OSU had a shot, and to quell the “CaDe’s BrOtHeR wAs HiReD tO gEt HiM” crap.

1 Like

:shushing_face: don’t let the secret out

2 Likes

Yeah. No twitter “Cade is committing to OSU in two days crap” great way to piss off the #2(#1) recruit in the country.

7 Likes

This x 1000

UK fans are insane. Simple explanation.

2 Likes