Official Oklahoma State-Iowa State GAMEDAY Thread

Stop arguing with a monkey

Here’s my thinking now that I’ve had time to process it. Let’s enjoy the fact that we won, that OU lost, and that Texas lost. We can get back to arguing over the type of win it was later as well as the requisite questions that we all still have. A win is a win which is good. Go Pokes and let’s get a beer, yeah?

4 Likes

Sitting next to a UT fan right now. :joy:

1 Like

He is.

I am just in utter shock at the way the defense bucked up and intercepted them on three straight drives. That’s mind-bending.

1 Like

Lol tell me how many minutes OSU trailed today… I’ll wait.

2 Likes

Here is my prediction for all PFB football articles this week (at least 60%). Why do we lose games we should win and win games we should lose? #itsbaffling

No, he’s not.

The def line has numbers but no quality depth the last 2 weeks they’ve been without 2 of their top 4. It’s amazing how much better all aspects of the def can be when the dl is healthy. The Cowboys need to continue build quality depth on both sides of the trenches, this, not Sanders, is the primary reason they lost the last 2 weeks, imo.
Sanders is reacting to pressure as you would expect a freshman to do, when the lines are healthy (o & d) then there’s not as much physical (running for your life or having the def meet you in the backfield) or mental (have to score every time) pressure.

Gundy’s weakness has always been an ability to recruit or develop depth in the trenches but that is also a weakness of around 115 other d1 coaches, it’s the other 10 that consistently play for a cfp spot.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t recall that. I didn’t think it was his fault. In fact, I was happy with Gundy’s two-point attempt decision. Wasn’t even mad about that game.

Thank you for posting this! I’m 7 hours late. We had a local event to attend. I tried to not follow so I could watch, I unfortunately (or fortunately as it happens today) already know the score. But I thought the truck race was on now and the replay was not happening. Now I know the replay just starts before FS1 picked up the event. Now I can go watch my quarter so I have enough time to finish the game tomorrow. We have kids in a play and our schedule is scary this fall! But I’m trying to keep up with my Cowboys! Now off to catch up!

1 Like

Missed INT opportunities technically puts him at 3 so we’re a plateau… which is better than increasing turnovers lol

For the record I have never called for Gundy to be fired or anything similar to that severity … however, I am on record as stating (frequently) over the last 5(+) years that Gundy is not nearly engaged (backed by #'s) to the degree he needs to be (at all levels) as the CEO of the program … still feel that way and glad we won …maybe the win is strongly associated with a more engaged Gundy this past week? It is more than possible for any good CEO to be engaged and still allow your staff to do their jobs without being controlling …

2 Likes

For me, Kyle Porter’s “10 Things” summed it up. I’ll add that after Rodriguez’ pick 6, I watched some of the most frustrating play calling and clock management in recent memory…

1 Like

Lol your inaccurate belief that Gundy isn’t engaged is not backed by numbers. And 5+ years?! 3 of those years were one of the most successful stretches in program history. What a ridiculous statement.

I’ll keep beating this drum, but the biggest indicator for OSU’s success will always be QB play. And the last 2 years, it’s been average at best. As a result, OSU had been an average team. This isn’t rocket science. Gundy’s perceived “engagement” in the program is way down the list.

1 Like

Whatever you say Partner …without a doubt your insight/wisdom is without question …if you lived in the real world …you would know that there are far more different #'s involved in deeply measuring any program/institution than W’s … but, carry on with your narrow perspective cause you are ‘spot on’ with yours

1 Like

Please feel free to share the numbers that support Gundy hasn’t been engaged for 5+ years. Would love to be enlightened here.

Also, a serious question, is it possible for you to write multiple sentences without ellipses?

Serious answer …dont read my comments if they annoy you or difficult for you to comprehend …there, problem solved …
Im not doing your research for you …but, most obvious # is recruiting…additionally, by Gundy’s own admission, he was not fully engaged last year

3 Likes

Gundy talks to Spencer every time he comes off the field. And since when is talking to the refs “not being engaged”.

yikes