Official Oklahoma State-Kansas State GAMEDAY Thread

OK … Here we go. Official gameday thread is here, and it’s early.

How we feeling?

:worried: If we come out strong and our D can get its act together and lock down the first few drives for them, we can definitely take it. If we come out flat and disappointed from last week, it could be nearly over by halftime in a bad way. Either scenario is absolutely likely, hence worried.

I’m on the side of Gundy and Gleeson spent some time on tape and actually learned from mistakes and are going to let Sanders be Sanders and put 3515215 people in the box against KSU and we’ll come away with 3 picks. We’re going to take the Wildcats to the woodshed. 41-16 Pokes. Huge win. Here we come big 12.

After I typed all that now I’m terrified.

3 Likes

I don’t think enough has been said about how scary this game is. Bill Haisten wrote about it well today, and if OSU doesn’t come out sharp, K State could easily win this game.

With that being said… K State, like every other year, is unbelievably unimpressive. They had no business winning the Mississippi State game. They had one drive that started on their side of the 50 that went for points. And that started at their 47 yard line! If OSU can make this a track meet, I really don’t think K State has a chance. I say all this and Skyler Thompson will once again turn into Patrick Mahomes in Stillwater just like 2 years ago

The problem I think K-State always imposes against us and I don’t think is any different this year is that they have always been a ball-control offense.

If we don’t come out the gate and score TD’s on our first 2-3 drives then they just sit on the ball and eat up the clock and keep themselves close hoping we turn the ball over late in the game or they have the ball on the final drive.

Maybe not every year we’ve played them but that and the fact they always seem to have a non-run threat QB that we don’t game plan for that always seems to suddenly drink a case of RedBull before they play us and shred our Defense like a cheese grader.

We need to get on them, and get on them quick!

It feels like this team has great competitive fire. I think the pokes are going to get plenty of stops on D against a middle K-State attach and then we’ll let the horses run all over their D. 38-21 Pokes (Cats will run clock and keep score below 40)

Shameless plug, but his comments on Saturday night make me pretty stoked to see what Spencer looks like tomorrow.

Everything I’ve heard through media from the team leaders has me thinking they’ll be coming out ready to rip freaking heads off against KState.

1 Like

Man, I believe you and I hope so. It’s either going to be murder by our team or against our team.

I just hope they find a way to use the rest of the field as opposed to how they played Texas. The way Texas played three down and crashed CBs from the edge to those sweeps is likely going to be used by KState. Gotta use the RPO to the middle and play the left side of the field with receivers if KState does the same thing Texas did. It can’t be a three man show anymore.

V conflicted.

Heart wants state. Head says k states. Smart part of my head said gundy goes on a roll this year. Another part says gundy is gonna out k state k state to miserable results. Another part says gundy learned his yearly September lesson, and it’s almost rOctober where we are destroyer of worlds.

I’m a touch not sure basically.

Probably minimal impact, but K State’s best receiver is out today

Ok, Lets see start Fast and keep pressure on K-state. Kstate had 3 fumbles against MSST and no interceptions this year. The D needs to step up and create some turnovers for short field drives. Remember we were leading at Half time last year and and got beat down after that.
The thing is dont make Thompson look like a Heisman contender on defense.
The opening play I would like to see is play action to Chuba and hit Jelani on a seam route for TD.
What opening play show G&G run to open the show>

Watching this Tech/OU game then heading to Stillwater. Are we getting rain at kick off?

My tickets are still available to anybody that wants them! Section 107, row 13. On about the 15 yard line.

Want to make sure there is somebody in the seats so just let me know.

Urban Meyer would look good in orange and black

OH. Oh no. Please no.

1 Like

I’d like to think that a conference with Urban, Lincoln, and Tom would gain a lot of national attention

This is a young message board and while I thought the guy who said “Shreveport is a better bowl destination than Orlando” couldn’t be topped for dumbest thing posted… Here we are.

1 Like