Oklahoma State appears to have landed a RB for 2021

It appears OSU is celebrating some good news on this fine hump day. Earlier this morning, Mike Gundy and most of his staff tweeted out some celebratory gifs and emojis foreshadowing an imminent commitment or one that had taken place but was not yet announced.

It appears that commitment is from Class of 2021 running back Jaden Nixon. While he has not yet announced, he was offered by OSU to start off April – and OSU is his only current P5 offer. We’re not making the news public yet to respect his announcement, but 247Sports’ crystal ball is trending orange and black this morning with the news sneaking out.

Nixon is a 5-10, 170-pound back from Lone Star Frisco who last season had nearly 1,100 total yards from scrimmage and played primarily at running back but also played spells as a receiver. He had 821 yards rushing and 262 yards receiving, with 16 total touchdowns to boot. As a rusher he averaged more than 9 yards per tote.

4 Likes

Ummm?

Was going to edit my post but will just add it here: Nixon played on a team last season that heavily featured four-star WR Marvin Mims, who signed with Oklahoma last recruiting cycle. So an argument to be made that despite some good numbers statistically, Nixon could be in for a breakout 2020 with Mims off to college.

1 Like

Yea?

Unsure how to respond to these half-question/half-responses @NewPoke @OSUgary!

3 Likes

I liked your response …it provided a different perspective I was not aware of …thxs

Gotcha! Just wanted to try and get to your question if you had one.

I think it could be a nice get and really like his speed. Concerned about the frame but some promising upside.

:ok_hand:

Sorry, just scratching my head at why we’re having such a hard time attracting good RB’s. It seems we haven’t generated much interest for the past couple of years, and I don’t get it. Nothing against this kid, but 170 lbs., very average stats, and no other P5 offers doesn’t get me real excited.

1 Like

I seriously question Wozniak as a recruiter …may be a good coach but has shown nothing in the way of recruiting talents

2 Likes

Agreed. I know nothing about him, but being that we are a perennial offensive power, we shouldn’t have to settle for leftovers and preferred walk-ons.