Oklahoma State Hires Auburn's Derek Mason as Defensive Coordinator

I don’t have a problem with this hire at all. My issue is will our offense be good enough to win a conference title? The defense proved it could be when needed to. The offense failed to do so.

Yeah, all Sanders did was best OU & Notre Dame when we gave up 30+ points. Then we can start Ethan Bullock at Qb. Great idea!

1 Like

What does the NIL have to do with OSU’s commitment to football?

The good players are going to go wherever they can get the best NIL deals. If you want the players who can compete with the upper echelon of CFB OSU needs to be willing to give the financial backing needed to do that. If not it will be more of the same with a possibility of regression.

1 Like

The NIL money comes from companies/individuals, not from the coffers of the school it self. All of these deals has to verified by the school, but the school doesn’t pay it.

If I’m not mistaken I think Texas directly is paying players. Might be wrong though.

They are just paying them publicly now :wink:

3 Likes

It is complicated but I believe it is the Texas boosters who have gotten together in unity to pay players for NIL. Now I realize, the NIL is ripe for corruption but why? When you have the money to pay someone to social media. It amounts to the 1970s equivalent of having a job to make sure the automatic sprinklers turn on. Google Texas Longhorns football booster nil. The article states that Texas has wealthiest alumni donor base….then again Texas would say that even if it wasn’t true.

OSU’s commitment would come in the way of coaches salaries and more support staff in recruiting and analysts as well as facilities.

There is a lot of oil money in Texas.

I knew Joe would show up and complain about something.
To be clear they were good enough to win a conference title. They just didn’t get it done. Injuries happen when they play football. Are you saying they didn’t have enough talent to win against Baylor? Just trying to determine your stance whether they didn’t have the talent or it was due to coaching?

1 Like

Joey will like this hire initially but the first time there is hiccup it will be Gundy’s incompetence that he will blame. Same old story from same old Joey.

4 Likes

I know but sometimes it’s fun.

1 Like

What if Jaylen Warren plays in B12 title game. Think he could have made a difference at the goal line?

1 Like

They may have the wealthiest boosters but aTm is a very close second if not first. They have dolled out millions already to recruits to bring them in. Didn’t they have the top recruiting class this year ?

1 Like

Usually if they can’t get it done that means they aren’t good enough to get it done.

Without Godlevske and Warren it was pretty obvious. Combine that with the retarded play calling as well.

I think it will be a lot like this last season. The defense will be 95% of the reason we win because we aren’t creative or talented enough on offense to make game winning drives.

1 Like

You are right. Maybe the Texas schools can actually win a title if they can tilt the off field money in their favor.

1 Like

Thanks Coach Joe for yet another round of you explaining everything to us, seen through your critical eye test that makes you think you’re the expert authority on all things football

2 Likes

Usually if they can’t get it done that means they aren’t good enough to get it done.

@joe15

Usually when your complaining and whining and finger pointing and critizing and excuse making and crying CAN’T WON’T HASN’T got it done that means YOU arent good enough to get it done…damnn boy you have been doing that for how long? HOW MANY YEARS HAVE YOU BEEN DOING THAT? So how good are you? BECAUSE IT DAMNN SURE HAS NOT STOPPED YOU FROM DOING IT

Waffle head @zz

2 Likes