Oklahoma State Linebacker Mason Cobb Enters Transfer Portal

I told you you didnt sell enough 300 dollar calves to help the school that mad you

1 Like

Itā€™s ruined, or is ruining, the sport for a vast majority of us. If this crap keeps up Iā€™m starting to see a day when I see myself spending my Saturdays doing something else besides watching the game that I love.

5 Likes

Iā€™m with you !! Itā€™s worse than the NFL which I donā€™t watch much. Itā€™s now worse than before, at least it was just recruiting, now itā€™s recruiting and how much money do you have

Cobb, like moi, thinks our D-coordinator canā€™t coordinate! Hate to say it but things are probably going to get ugly in Stilly until Gumby WAKES UP!

you_got_to_coordinate

Here comes the Gumby fanboy apologists. Good thing weā€™re getting our 7.5 million dollars worth, soon to be 8.5 next season, 9.5 year after that, etc.

1 Like

Gue$$ you spoke to him and got that story. It canā€™t be the fact that our defense was discombobulate ALL SEASON.

Was it all about money before NIL started?

You been around. What does a kid want. Really its a coach thing just got 2nd big 12. Come on silly rabbit.
How do they it teatown MO MONEY.

Now go away

1 Like

Really. A guy who has never played sports.

Gundy has never lost alot of guys
If you keep up with other school you would have known that

1 Like

Watch Deion Sanders go Colorado with about 30 portal players coming and make the PAC-12 title game (or win it) his first season. All the while weā€™ll still have Gundy trying to convince us how finishing no less than 5th in the conference consistently is a tremendous success.

Lets see if he can win a game first.

Colorado hasnt put much into their football team.

He will still need money

1 Like

Gundy has never lost a lot of guys? Are you talking about current players, recruits, or both? Weā€™ve had guys even before NIL that were committed and we lost them. I remember after our bedlam loss in 2015 the decommitments kept coming. We lost an NFL TE to another school. We just lost one of the most promising linebackers for the future. The difference here is you donā€™t mind a six or seven win season. My issue is Iā€™m sick of seeing those and I want the program to grow.

Youā€™re right. We donā€™t get to control NIL, but what are Gundy and Weiberg doing to address the issue? If NIL is here to stay then it would be wise to seriously consider a contingency plan rickety fuucking quick before we end up resurrecting the Bob Simmons era. I know you think Gundy is a good coach and thatā€™s fine. Iā€™m saying heā€™s going to have a hard time getting bigger pay raises if heā€™s not filling the seats in BPS for the foreseeable future. This generation is different now and you arenā€™t filling BPS stadium with six or seven win seasons. If others feel NIL and the portal are a threat he and Weiberg both should be really concerned as well. If they arenā€™t concerned about it then roll the dice but I donā€™t think itā€™s going to be in our favor.

1 Like

You really dnt understand nil. Which is par for you. The school has a limit on there nil deal that means donors have to step up.

Again you think gundy is the onlyteam to lose players

Ou i number 1 rite now in transfer class. They lose 2 4 stars and collect a lower for star. Is that a positive

1 Like

Are you really going to associate Deion and toughness in the same sentence ā€¦. Deion had mad skills and speed but tackle ? Thatā€™s a good one joy

1 Like

Lol okay dude. I donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about. I never said anything about Deion having toughness. Tell me what point your trying to make here and if you donā€™t have one have fun talking to yourself :+1:.

Iā€™m not an idiot. I understand that. Who is contacting those donors? Who is connecting with who to create some kind of salvageable plan mitigate OSU from suffering due to NIL and the portal. Are you telling me that you as an OSU fan have no concern for that whatsoever? Are we going to allow NIL and the portal to be an excuse or are we going to attempt to do something about where they can say we tried to do something about it? The worst thing you can do is not even attempt to bandage your own bullet wound if no other options are present.

You really think Deion will step in and produce a CC at Colorado. He wasnā€™t a tough football player
Your ideas on coaches never seem to materialize

Anyone that doesnā€™t want to be here, can go. No hard feelings.

I want a roster full of players who want to be at Oklahoma State!

2 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with doing whatā€™s in your best interest. Heā€™s leaving for a better opportunity. He didnā€™t know that his DC was going to leave; and he didnā€™t know that his team was going to fall apart mid-season. Heā€™s put in the work and represented the school with class, now he wants to move on. Nothing wrong with that at all.

1 Like

@NewPoke Yep when the going gets tough the tough get going lol. Leaning how to preserver when the situation starts going south is the best course in life. For just about everyone there will come a time when there will be no other choice than to face adversity and if you havenā€™t developed the penchant for succeeding in that situation then life is going to be very ugly. People like Cobb who have the world at their feet risk learning this lesson the hard way.