Oklahoma State Quarterback Gunnar Gundy Reportedly Enters Transfer Portal

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/oklahoma-state-quarterback-gunnar-gundy-reportedly-enters-transfer-portal/

Didn’t see that one coming.

Maybe the smartest thing out of a Gundy in the last 20 years.

4 Likes

Good luck and wish him well.

4 Likes

Why do you say that? If he got snaps this year…wouldnt you think he could get some next year with the Cowboys? Im not saying thats a good thing if im a fan. But seems like being an option at OSU is far better than starting at say…Eastern New Mexico or something.

Just my view of it: He might want to go somewhere that he can get a chance to play/start without having the cloud of perceived nepotism hanging over his head.

9 Likes

So you think 30 something pass attempts a year is the way to spend his college career? Maybe you’re right.

2 Likes

I get that side. But seems to me that he knows the Offense, the personel, the expectation here…just seems to me that his path to playing time may be MUCH smoother in Stillwater than it is anywhere else within the Power 5 Conf.

1 Like

Of course not. He played more than Rangel did this year. More than Flores did this year. So should they transfer too? If he absolutely knows that hes not going to have any shot at playing, then I can see it. But it seems as though he will get a better shot

If Bowman gets another year, do you think Rangel and Flores both stay?

2 Likes

Gundy can’t even recruit his own son. Pitiful. He’s leaving for the NIL. Going somewhere else to get paid more than $50 bucks and a new pair of cleats. Just goes to show you it was a mistake for him to even come here in the first place but Mike makes a lot of mistakes. Too many to count.

1 Like

@KetchupSicle since you are a OU fan, do you think OU will ever win the conference championship in the SEC in the next say 12 years? If OU averaged about 4th in the SEC conference every year would the fan base be content?

1 Like

Him getting snaps here takes away an opportunity from someone with a potentially higher ceiling. Someone with a higher ceiling is what it will take to get to Arlington and beyond. I’d rather Gunnar leave than Gunnar stay and risk Flores transferring out.

Plus with the fact that he’s developed here at OSU, he may be able to go to a smaller place and set the world on fire without the pressure or perceived nepotism of having to play for his dad.

Works out great for all parties involved.

4 Likes

LOL

1 Like

I think he goes to Eastern Michigan,the place that offered him in high school,& has a great college career

1 Like

I’m guessing he probably knows his situation pretty well with his dad being the coach and it seemed like this year Rangel was probably the 2 behind Bowman because the few times Bowman had to come out and against UCF Rangel was the one who went in so I’d say he knew his odds of starting here were low unless Rangel transferred out so he probably wants the opportunity to start some where even if it is at a New Mexico State instead of being a career backup.

3 Likes

Good for Gunnar.

2 Likes

He’s not a Power 5 guy and will not go to a P5 school.

2 Likes

KState

Now wouldn’t that be something LOL

1 Like

The guy wants to play not sit on the bench. He knows he won’t be a starter so he’s finding somewhere he can play. Seems like a logical plan.

5 Likes