Oklahoma State Quarterback Peyton Thompson Enters the Transfer Portal

Always easy to be optimistic BEFORE we see a kid against starters…you sound like typical Dallas Cowboys fan who thinks they’ll be good every year, esp after the draft. Gunnar has never played a college down against defensive starters but he’s gonna be a baller…okay, LOL!

1 Like

Yes Sanders missed the first day last year. But, technically he was out with virus protocol.

Yes a missed game is a missed game.

Rangel missed some games last year. He needs to bulk up like you said.

I wonder if ty Williams will come back. He hasn’t been picked up yet. I was on his Twitter and he has cowboys 22’ on it. Sure he mite have put it on early and hasn’t changed it. He has played in around 20 games. Put him at center then move Wilson to replace Cole at guard.

2 Likes

Rangle could gain 10-15 lbs between now and next year if he works at it. I still think Gunnar can be at the least serviceable. He could at least manage a game like Illingworth. He has to have some smarts about him

1 Like

no disrespect… some guys play better in practice but can’t when the lights come on. it would had been better if we could of had a real orange vs white game to get better perspective and feel for our offense. Our secondary I think will be good which is why I think Sanders struggled. I’d seriously would like to know what our offensive identity is going to be for next season.

2 Likes

Agreed and Agreed it is. I played behind one and the sons best friend jumped over me when he got injured. Gunnar will get his fair shot before Rangel. Agreed on last part too. I really hope we run uptempo or rpo. Rangel will get smacked around just like our other pocket guy if the line problems persist. Gunner seems like he’s quick and can run some.

2 Likes

They say Gunnar has improved his speed, but in HS games I saw, he didn’t look quick nor fast at all. Slower than his papi when he was in his prime!

Not my favorite but the girls make some incredible plays, but personally, I think they need to move the mound back a foot cause pitchers are too dominant. And move the fences back as well, not too difficult to hit small peas in softball.

1 Like

Both the back ups aren’t Sanders. But, corndog wasn’t really a dual threat and managed to get 400 plus yards

It’s like poker no when to fold them and no when to run.

1 Like

he looked kinda quick in the TCU game on those few plays. He runs a 4.7 forty yard dash. Johnny Manziel ran a 4.6. Not comparing the two but Johnny wasn’t super fast but had a quick step and elusive. I think gunnar can move if he needed to.

1 Like

We won’t have much depth at RB so I would expect a lot of passing and QB run. Unless Richardson just blows up this year I think it will be a pass first offense. Of course that is assuming that we can protect the pocket this year and that’s probably a poor assumption until we actually see it with our own eyes.

1 Like

We got a big bodied RB coming in from ATM, had a lot of big time offers in HS …. He’s as big as Oliver

1 Like

Sanders may have to carry the ball a lot more than Gundy wants him to. I mean the guy is a dual threat so use him. RPO is his style. I’m sure a lot of people are tired of me saying this but I don’t think we should run pro style and should stick to our bread and butter of the past while maintaining a better defense.

1 Like

Yeah, I stand corrected. We just added some RB depth so we should be able to stay pretty balanced without being too concerned about needing to rely on a freshman RB. I like it!

1 Like

We have the backs I think, I’m like you though, one has to shine. Maybe two !!

1 Like

No, I agree. Pro style doesn’t work well in college unless you have dominant O-linemen which we haven’t had in decades. I’m all for dual-threat QBs. Gotta have that esp when your O-linemen are average, which we’ve been stuck at for about 4, 5 seasons. But even if you’re above average to very good it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on defenses.

The problem w/ Sanders, he doesn’t know how to slide properly and get out of harm’s way like a lot of QBs these days who never played baseball or are just too stubborn and want to make contact w/ defenders, like Sanders seems to, but he’s been out of a game or games every season.

1 Like

Sanders is a QB with a RB mentality. They have told him numerous times to get out of bounds or slide but he’s a competitor, can’t take that away from him, but Damz I wish he would avoid a lot of it

3 Likes

I do give it up to him, he do like those extra yards and trying to make plays but I agree. If he gets hurt I think it will eventually be Gundy if the line can’t block for Rangel just for the extra little bit of mobility he has. Agreed with you last year was his first full year playing. I think he missed part of 2 bedlam games or missed an entire bedlam game.

3 Likes

Kinda crazy how he really shows up to play in big games with no fear or they just design the offense better for him those games. I do think he’s pretty clutch at times.

2 Likes

He was hurt in his first bedlam game and pull half the game for poor play 2 years ago.

2 Likes

dang I thought he was hurt 2x, after that 2nd bedlam game it must have lit a fire under his you know what.

1 Like