Oklahoma State Running Back Jaden Nixon Enters the Transfer Portal

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/oklahoma-state-running-back-jaden-nixon-enters-the-transfer-portal/

The Cowboys’ rushing depth takes a big hit.

This doesn’t surprise me.
Good luck to him.

2 Likes

He just never could get it going. I think he pushed to hard on the ko too

1 Like

I take this as good news that Gordon will be returning. Nixon is a good player, but would see limited playing time as long as Ollie is around. I don’t blame him for looking elsewhere. Good luck.

1 Like

I think/hope you are right. If Ollie were on his way out I don’t think Nixon leaves.

2 Likes

Nixon would probably do well at a place like SMU or North Texas. They would actually use him based on his skill set, and not try to force his skill set into a limited playbook.

Do did ever show us his skill set on kick offs. 10 to 15 yards was show you aomthing

1 Like

You don’t run plays from a kickoff return. Next stupid question please.

If the dude could help us we would have been like you crying.

1 Like

He was a solid player for OSU. I would have liked to see him return for another season.

1 Like

He doesn’t have an OC that uses him the correct way. How many times does Dunn have to keep proving this to you?

I don’t get you Robert. You defend the coaches like your livelihood depends on it, then in the next thread, will rip players for simply being the #2 guy on the depth chart. As for his kickoff prowess, I guess his TD return against Baylor last year has already slipped your mind? And his 4th down play against BYU played a significant role in us making the conference title game. So why rip him?

And as for helping us? You put a lot of faith that Ollie is going to stay healthy for 12 games next year. And if he doesn’t, we all know you’ll be the first one whining on the board about how it was the injury bug that did us in or that we lack depth.

Collins is back next year. I think he has two years remaining if I’m not wrong. Collins showed me a lot this year what little he played. Nixon was good in the passing game Maybe should have been used more there but I don’t think he would been given more carries next year

I dnt know what you took out of my post about nixon. He was a good cowboy. But, seriously you take that td out he ave was under 20. This year his long was 33. He ave under 20 with that 33 yard one. They give us to the 25 yard line. We can put a oline guy down there and get better position.
@michael13 i dnt think collins is back next, he should be here for the bowl.

1 Like

A perfect scheme is not gonna make any player pop. It’s also up to the player to execute well. There has been several holes that Nixon has missed over the season. Not saying he’s a bad running back and it’s a bummer we lost him but maybe the reason he didn’t necessarily pop this season is not because of the play calling.

I’m sure OG and BP would’ve popped a little better in the first three games of the season if Dunn knew what the hell he was doing.

Collin’s has another year doesn’t he ? Wasn’t he a jr this year and didn’t play enough so he can get a redshirt ?

1 Like

He already played 6 years.

1 Like

So you’re saying they had the right OL out there the first three games :roll_eyes: it took those games to get the right OL figured out

1 Like

Do we have a solid FG kicker ready or we getting a freshman in for that ?
Stribling has two years left ? Right ?

1 Like