Oklahoma State Safety Kolby Harvell-Peel Declares for NFL Draft

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/oklahoma-state-safety-kolby-harvell-peel-declares-for-nfl-draft/

Harvell-Peel was an AP All-American this past season.

1 Like

Good luck in the NFL

2 Likes

Well we knew it was coming.

2 Likes

Money grab.money grab

Money money money!

It’s all about the money. No more about the school. It’s all about who’s pockeckets are the fullest. I’m out on college football now

Peel entering the draft is no surprise. He played 4 years for us and was an all American this year. Time for him to move on. He’s done all he can do to get as high as he can up the draft boards. LD Brown could definitely use another year but I think he’s already been here for 4-5.

2 Likes

Thanks for all you’ve done for OSU, good luck at the next level!!

2 Likes

NFL has always been an option for talented players. The college money grab is in the new NIL options. Sounds like Texas, A&M, Baylor and of course all the big name programs are giving “student athletes” big money via business endorsements to play for their respective schools

Aggies allegedly paid 30 mil for their #1 class. I don’t know how accurate the number is but I honestly wouldn’t be surprised. NIL right now is a complete joke.

He played all four years, and has already graduated. Was he supposed to stick around and get hurt? Without Covid he wouldn’t even have any eligibility left, what a stupid comment.

4 Likes

Good luck, may God bless your journey and your career. He gave 4 years. He will most likely a top 10 pick in the CB range. If he isn’t or anyone feels like he isn’t I’ll debate it out. D.C., RB, and OL is the only thing got me worried.

1 Like

They’ll probably transfer out too. I’ve been seeing a lot of NIL deal-players have and leaving after 1 season. I bet Boone is rolling in his grave with the things he could do now lol.

I don’t like or dislike the NIL rules. I’m more of a allowance or stipend pay for these athletes with a certain max allowed to maybe level it a little bit because truthfully this may get out of hand. I believe in capitalism and free market. But however if these students want to be a amateur paid athlete or like a pro then I honestly think maybe there should be a contract attached to the money or a buyout like a head coach. It might teach some responsibility and prepare these kids that might possibly go pro.

1 Like

Weidberg needs to be on the phone with the Boone estate. Could be a huge opportunity for OSU.

1 Like

I think there needs to be some sort of cap for a team or some other limiting factor. I don’t know what exactly needs to be implemented but I think something has to come. I don’t think the NIL implementation was very fleshed out and now it’s gonna be hard to start implementing restrictions. I hope something is done though because it could get dumb quick.

1 Like