Ollie Gordon 3 Carry South Alabama Blowout Loss Overreaction Thread

So, Gundy is already Prime’s beotch.

Prime once picked off Gundy twice in the same game

2 Likes

But seriously, why doesn’t anyone actually give AF about the bowl streak at this point? It’s just even more of an insult

2 Likes

I couldn’t care less about a bowl game. We need to tank for a good draft pick so we can make the playoffs next year.

11 Likes

Gunnar is the tank commander? It works so perfectly. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

It’s time.

1 Like

Okay Weiberg, ball is in your court

3 Likes

Genuinely curious to get the Chamber’s thoughts on this.

-Gundy’s buyout is reportedly $21 million.
-Gundy’s salary is $7.5 million.
-He has a five-year deal that rolls over every year.

Doesn’t it make sense to just eat the $21 million than pay $37.5 million for five years of this sinking ship? I realize there’s far more nuance to this question but curious to get y’all’s input.

17 Likes

1 Like

As long as you can get a donor (or several) to pony up the lump sum now, I think you have to bite the bullet and pay it. It saves you money and stops Gundy from tanking the program any more.

4 Likes

We are 4-8 the last 12 games. Makes it easier. Only gonna get worse.

4 Likes

Push notification from Pokes with a Purpose

“Please complete the following survey, can we redirect your donation from NIL to buy outs!? Check here for YES, check here for ALSO YES”

7 Likes

I’m starting to hear older people talk about firing Gundy without me having to mention it first. That’s a really bad sign for him. I feel like there’s always been a divide in the fanbase. The group that’s old enough to remember how bad things were, and the group that has grown up in the golden generation. I really don’t think it can get much worse than it is right now. Time to see where the program can go with someone who cares a little bit about recruiting. Our overall talent level is as low as I’ve ever seen.

12 Likes

If he had even the slightest bit of integrity, he’d negotiate a lower buyout and voluntarily walk away. But he doesn’t, and he won’t.

7 Likes

I don’t think a mid-season firing of Mike Gundy is yet appropriate.

I don’t understand why they let Gundy’s contract roll over last year AND why the administration didn’t force more assistant coach changes (Dunn, Dickey).

I also don’t see how OSU can afford to continue to slip in football especially with the new Big 12.

If things go really south (3 or fewer Big 12 wins), I think the administration has to at least consider a buyout at end of season.

If we win just enough to make a bowl, I think they put Mike Gundy on notice (no rollover) and force new assistant coaching changes. Ideally, hire a very talented associate head coach and encourage Gundy to groom him as a successor as part of a “sunset” strategy that increases program performance in a more structured manner while giving the greatest Coach in OSU’s history a soft landing.

4 Likes

Yes, absolutely. They have to. How much revenue will be lost until he retires if the results are as disappointing as this & last season?

2 Likes

Honest response, I think it makes more sense to keep him with that size of a buyout but revamp the assistant coaching spots right now. He needs to evolve his view on NIL but he has value in the next 2-3 years with giving us continuity through conference realignment.

6 Likes

Right now the stadium is full. We had a terrible year last year but we are selling out games. I understand the point going forward though.

4 Likes

Agree. Don’t renew the rollover next year, let it drop further.

Push for staff changes. If it doesn’t happen or he digs bud heels in, push him out. But as frustrated as I am, you give him a chance with further staff changes.

But the question no one asks, does the administration even want change? Do they think they can hire someone better?

6 Likes

I don’t know if I trust our admin to go find the right someone

2 Likes