One AP Voter’s Ballot Had OSU outside the Top 10 for Week 7

Originally published at: One AP Voter’s Ballot Had OSU outside the Top 10 for Week 7 | Pistols Firing

LOL.

This is just a Tech fan being a sore loser, nothing more.

2 Likes

The moron doesn’t realize we need every Big 12 team ranked as high as possible

Don Williams is just another high-school-JV’er-turned-sports-writer that wants to BE the story…not WRITE the story.

1 Like

It just doesn’t matter. The AP Poll is silly. Why argue with anyone over silliness? How do 60+ sports reporters know enough about 131 teams in order to rank them one against another? They don’t.

What matters is that we beat next up, TCU.

3 Likes

He probably is crying about the tech game. He gave us a poor vote previously tho.

Willing to bet anything that if Tech played the same schedule he would have them comfortably in the top 10. I don’t know if OSU is truly a top 10 team at this point, but I’m not going to punish a team that’s done nothing but win so far (and won every game by double digits I might add).

If we were winning every game by a single score or less then I guess he might have a slightly valid point, but even then there have been a lot of good teams that have won several games by single digits (Notre Dame 2012).

Here is one thing he said when asked about OSU:

What he doesn’t mention about that game is that Tech also turned the ball over three times (one resulting in a pick 6). OSU only forced one turnover against Tech and still won by double digits.

1 Like

If we win in Fort Worth Saturday I want to see him justify keeping us out of the top 10.

2 Likes

Lot of disrespect out there for along time for OSU from talking heads and NCAA it has seemed for what ever reasons. One reason is I would guess is it’s hard for people anymore to look at gundy as a coach that can win a championship or get to another level after 11 years of just getting close but not being able to close the deal would be one. It’s just human nature. I mean look at penn state for instance, they are usually good but years of not being able to close the deal just puts a perception in their head that they won’t be there at the end of the year. If gundy can get there a time or two in the next coming years then that might change.

2 Likes

The AP poll is doing exactly what it is designed to do . . . create controversy so the writers and drive by sports media talking heads have something to write about and something to say to fill blogs, papers, magazines, and TV time.

5 Likes

If OSU gets the offense hitting on all cylinders they will be tough to beat. With all the receivers back Saturday I expect great things if Sanders game is on point.

1 Like

Doesn’t surprise me it’s from a Tech writer. That fan base claims we stole some of their traditions and refer to us as Xerox U.

Traditions we stole from Texas Tech:

1.) Causing Texas Tech to lose games.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:

It’s the national disrespect that’s kept us from winning the conference.
Trophies=Respect

I’m sure this is some snide joke, but even a joke has to make sense.

I consider you a joke but you never make sense.

Oh, that’s because I’m a lot smarter than you and you’re an unitelligent person incapable of critical thought. Does that help at all?