OSU Baseball: Cowboys Fall to Arkansas 7-3 in Stillwater Regional Final

Benge had UCL issues. He came to OSU as a 2-way kid who is more of a 3b. Hes an absolute gamer. With his arm issues, I think youll see him strictly as a position player right now. Maybe moonlight some on the mound in his 3rd year on campus. He is very, very streaky. His brother was a late bloomer after leaving Cowley. Carson has more upside, but not as consistent.

2 Likes

Just wait for it. Weā€™ll see it coming. God forbid Josh Holliday lose to the 13th best team in the country. As long as Holliday is losing to ranked teams itā€™s a problem, but as long as Gundy loses to the Iowa States of the world itā€™s no big deal. Got it!!

Lmao so itā€™s okay for josh to not meet expectations but itā€™s not okay for Gundy :rofl: got it. And btw I hate that we lost but it was a great year hopefully we get back to Omaha next year.

2 Likes

This team played and finished about to what I figured theyd be this year. That series win at Vandy was fools gold and raised expectations. This team is going to need to fill some holes, but Riggio is an absolute stud to build around. I think this program, with the facilities, tradition, and big name staff is one that is expected to do more than it has based on those things that I mentioned. Whereas the football program is going to be hurt by the new-look Conf after OU/TX leave, the baseball program will only be helped by it

1 Like

I find you observations a lil off. We were a perseason top ten. The 1 more win at vady just comfirmed the hype.
Arkansas was a similar team in the hype factor.

Osmond hurt not having him. He was actually getting more consistent. 4th place was not the disappointment, lot had us picked there but behind texas not ou.
Going with 1 win at home against tcu tech and Gonzaga was a disappointment.

I have a question with nolen slow start and how he raised. Would you tell him to leave. Say if he was not a top 5 rounder.

1 Like

Joey you always tell us recruiting matters. If gundy, as you point out all the time, doesnt recruit why are you made about 12 and 2.
Josh has the best stadium in the country. And is recruiting the top classes last couple of yes. Two major leaguers helping. Should he not win against a top team.
For the people who follow baseball have all pointed out the good and bad of this year. We where missing are 2nd starter. Why is that different then missing a rb and center, and you going on and on.

1 Like

Joey being Joeyā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s hard to listen to kspi for the games when traveling. Rex and the Chief leave a lot to be desired.But the good thing is having the app when you live outside the state. Itā€™s better than nothing, but just barely.

Heā€™s not coming back. He loses all leverage he had & in the baseball draft for guys like Nolanā€¦ā€¦.itā€™s a millions of dollars mistake. Josh & Co wonā€™t have to tell him that. He already knows

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t agree more. Itā€™s as bad as it gets

Your saying that if he can not make advancement with a better year.
I feel the only reason he came he was covid. By liimting to 5 rounds teams went for older kids. Not the reckless drafts you normally saw.

If he is drafted after the 5th round i can see a couple things he could improve on. Of course he could do worse and have an injury. But i can see the benifit. You can get a new contract in a ball but can imporve it in a new draft year.

1 Like

Nolen could improve on the 100 strikeouts he put up this year :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Thats on my list.

1 Like

Joey Campbell has a losing record against Gundy, do you even think before you yap ? Lots of parity in baseball, same as football, you just had to bring Gundy up in a baseball post, Iā€™ve seen this movie before

1 Like

The big leagues do not care about strikeouts in a prospect.

2 Likes

Home run hitters I understand but some at bats you at least need to make contact to move runners ?

2 Likes

I donā€™t disagree. I hate the way they game is played nowadays. But thatā€™s the facts boss. The strikeouts wonā€™t drop his draft stock

2 Likes

I agree they wont drop your draft just like left throwing strikes, as long they hit above 95 mph.

What can help his stock is come back and hit only 25 % stick outs 340 and 20 plus homers.

If he improves in college his over all pay out is improved

1 Like

The odds of his stock rising higher than what it is now (which is likely a 2nd or 3rd rd pick) arenā€™t good enough in my opinion. I know that he knows that too. You have an entire new crop of HS guys & JUCO guys that are draft eligible that are increasing their stock too. Heā€™s gone.

Is Josh Holliday entering his 18th season at OSU?