OSU Baseball: Gundy Pitches, Cowboys Wallop TCU

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-baseball-gundy-pitches-cowboys-wallop-tcu/

Mike Gundy threw out the first pitch, and the Cowboys dominated.

1 Like

What can you say. Everybody was on. Even gundy threw a strike. Great start. Let’s get it going guys.

2 Likes

Let’s win the series tomorrow guys then Sunday is a freebie. Stay in first place. Oh to have another like Campbell !!

2 Likes

It was fun to watch.

The teams that go deep in Omaha usually have 2 Campbell level pitchers on the roster. We are blessed to have one. Hopefully, the team being ranked as high it has been this season will result in some special recruits signing.
Matt Holliday power, wow, what a complement.
I remember when Matt was the number one QB out of high school and OSU was going to get him but then he decided he preferred baseball. A hitter like that had he played in Wrigley Field would have hit 70 homers without the Sammy Sosa corked bat. I wish someone would post BP on youtube so we can see Nolan and Griffen go at it.

2 Likes

I think the other 2 starters are close to working it out… just need more consistency in relief pitching. More bats too.

1 Like

Yes, for sure, the relief pitching is weak, and this is going to be our Achilles Heel in the regional. Huey and Nolan having to be relied on to also pitch, yikes? You have to have a complete team to advance toward Omaha. Lesser teams need not apply.
Which is harder? Winning NCAA basketball championship, or NCAA CWS?

This team is awesome.

Baseball is harder. More games. Most times u got to play teams twice in regional and supers. So getting lucky won’t get you into the world series.

1 Like

This team needs to be more fundamentally sound. Moving runners , make contact , base running errors. We need a solid day two starter

1 Like