OSU Classmate prayer request

I started a new thread for this, it really can’t go anywhere else…but people might know my friend, Toni (Fairbanks) Cornelius. She was in my DDD pledge class in ‘97, a Stillwater HS grad in ‘96, lives in Tulsa area now.

She and her husband John have an eight year old son with a brain tumor that hasn’t responded to treatment and has spread very aggressively. They are stopping treatment and taking him home to be with them. He doesn’t have long.

If you pray, please include Toni & John in yours for the next several weeks. That’s unimaginable and I know they’d appreciate all intersession for comfort & peace as they grieve.

19 Likes

Sorry to read this. Praying for that peace.

2 Likes

Prayers for all involved.

2 Likes

Prayers up @lmand. I can’t even begin to imagine the pain of having to watch a child go through that.

2 Likes

Prayers have been lifted. Can’t imagine what they’re going through.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. :pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

Tragic. Definitely sending up prayers.

2 Likes

Praying for peace and comfort right now.

2 Likes

I will be praying too!

2 Likes

Prayers for peace and comfort. I can’t imagine and I hope I never have to

3 Likes

You were pledging across the street from my house (Pi Kappa Phi) the same time that I was pledging.

So sorry to hear about your friend and her son, these things kinds of things break my spirit and touch on a primal fear all loving parents have. My prayers will be for the young boy and his family for healing to occur, if not the miraculous physical healing than the equally difficult emotional and spiritual healing.

I also hope that beyond prayers that her family, friends, and greater community reach out to comfort all of them to help combat the loneliness that comes from a fight like this. I hope and pray that Toni and John can pull together through this regardless of what happens and that those around them help them make it to the other side.

Please let us know if there is any other way we can offer assistance, be that through donations or other means.

3 Likes