OSU-Georgetown Game Thread

I’ll just start it now since 1. I’m so fired up for it and 2. I’ve seen several other threads that need to be merged into it.

3 Likes

https://sports.yahoo.com/resurgent-georgetown-beset-legal-trouble-021348927.html

Whoopsie

Saw last night Gorgetown lost a Guard and forward combing for 20 points per game last night. This morning “Three Georgetown players were served with restraining orders in connection to allegations of sexual harassment, assault and burglary, according to College Basketball Talk’s (Rob Dauster)”- from bleacher report. Interesting to see how Georgetown comes in and plays against OSU. Haven’t seen anything weather or not the 3 players will be playing tomorrow

1 Like

If you clicked the PFB basketball thread you would have seen this already posted

Just clicked and saw it sorry

Moved everything about this game here. Pokes up to No. 22 in KenPom (I cannot deal with this). Here’s the KenPom preview.

6 Likes

I think @leecothran predicted 6,000 home attendance. (Please correct next if I am wrong,) but using that as a baseline, I think with that crowd we win by 10. My prediction is that for every 1,000 fans over the base, the margin of victory extends by 2. Not that this feels like a trap game, but I think the players will come out a little on the flat side with a smallish crowd.

Depends if students roll out. If they do it could be closer to 8-9k.

I kinda think they do.

4 Likes

It is nice having fellow #olds in the stands, but really the heartbeat of GIA is the student sections. If the 100s and 200s of the student sections are full with some overflow into the 300s, the atmosphere will be good regardless. I doubt that there are many non-students in the 300s, but hopefully the showing in Brooklyn and the end of football will get the students fired up to show up and get rowdy.

7 Likes

Even the courtside student sections have been pretty puny the last couple of games.

1 Like

I will hopefully attend one in February. So this kinda “old” will be there. Shooting for the Texas Tech game.

Edit: Maybe Bedlam will be the better choice…

1 Like

I’m hoping to make the pilgrimage back home for bedlam.

2 Likes

Pokes roll by double digits as GIA starts to come back to life.

A short handed Georgetown will have problems w/ ICE and YOR. The seniors continue to play hard D, score as needed, and stabilize GT runs.

I got tickets for this game and I am excited for Joes and basketball.

7 Likes

Enjoy some little Joes.

1 Like

Holder said the exact opposite 15ish years ago when he moved the student section up and brought down the olds on the floor…lol

1 Like

Bedlam will be sold-out easily. That’s a huge weekend on campus. VR is that weekend so lots of families will be in town already, pro football will be over with and baseball has their home opener (unfortunately not in O’Brate but still in Allie P for some reason).

Hope to see you there.

2 Likes

Yor vs another good-to-elite big man in Omer Yurtseven will be interesting to watch, and will be a good learning experience for him heading toward conference season. There are some high-quality bigs in the Big 12 this year he’ll have to go-up against at KU, WVU, Baylor and Tech.

Interesting note that we/Underwood heavily recruited Yurtseven in the summer of '16 after he was hired. Ended-up picking NC State, but transferred after his sophomore year. We ended-up with Lucas as the back-up plan.

Not a chance I miss this one at GIA.

I loved the students along the sideline back in my day (#olds). This was the 80’s. More fun than behind the basket.

2 Likes