OSU Hires Bryan Nardo from Division II Gannon University as Next Defensive Coordinator

Yeah… That proves he is a complete idiot.

1 Like

Its funny how many of you yahoos tell me how great the last two oc were and where did we get them. One works or worked for bb after gundy helped then.
I remember when knowless came in everybody talking about duke.
Has his pay came out. I doubt he will be the highest paid coach even on defense. I hope he can coach and recruit lb. God knows knowless didnt

2 Likes

Ok, sorry but that, my friend, is an asinine statement. The last 18 years have been the best of our HISTORY. Love him or, in your case, hate him, it’s just stupid to say he’s “always” been “delusional.” That’s an ignorant take…sorry.

9 Likes

Ok. I can settle on 2 then. You are probably right. He has had a few good years.

We have a PFB+ forum with intelligent discourse. We are too short staffed to moderate everything on the board that isn’t PFB+.

Are you on there? Because your bowl prediction wasn’t very intelligent. Is it more of that kind of stuff???

If Gundy managed to get Knowles back, you would be saying the same thing. You have zero credibility. In fact, I imagine you said the same thing when Knowles was hired.

4 Likes

I have never said a word about Knowles. Never. But I sure as hell would take him over a Division 2 dude that wears a mask at practice. Zero credibility. I wonder if he wears it in the car as well.

1 Like

The last Shippensburg hire wasn’t that bad so pretty bad analogy, try again.

4 Likes

No need to worry about moderating, let them talk and if they get to be too much those of us who want to can just mute their comments, simple as that. I have 2 or 3 currently muted and life is good.

1 Like

I was mostly being facetious with that comment. However I don’t understand how Gundy does his we have a logo too speech and tout off about being a high end program and go back to hiring D2 guys. We just spent 1.5 million on DM last year and now go back to hiring a total unknown? We couldn’t poach a proven guy at a low end P5 program or a G5 program? And we’re running the same offensive staff out there again? I have a hard time seeing us having a winning season this year based off what I saw last year once Sanders went down.

2 Likes

But, his stats were proven in battle. This guys defensive stats are average at best in Div 2. AT BEST. I am just blown away that there isn’t another coach in the country that we could have gotten. But, Gundy did hang on to Sanders for 4 years. So, at least he is consistent.

Found this interview podcast of our new DC. Haven’t listened to it yet but thought I would post it here in case anyone was interested. ‎Inside the Headset with the AFCA: Bryan Nardo, Defensive Coordinator - Emporia State University on Apple Podcasts

1 Like

You might want to rethink your moderation strategy. There are a lot of people who never make it to PFB+ and assume that the bulk of your readership are the firegumby’s of the world who are not true OSU fans.

It’s your site so do what you want but moderation of ALL of your comment sections will help the site and bring back people like me who used to pay for a subscription but stopped because of this nonsense.

2 Likes

We nixed the comment sections so the front-facing side of the site is cleaned up compared to what it was, but we don’t have the resources to moderate everything within the forum. There’s also a ton of gray area with moderation of the site; just because the discourse is not intelligent doesn’t necessitate we remove comments or users. Most people know that sourced information and more informed conversations are in the PFB+ side and don’t come here for a real representation of things anyway.

1 Like

Old Dog here. Teach me that “mute” trick!

UPDATE: Never mind. I figured it out. I might go to work in the Twitter realm some day given my tech savvy.

2 Likes

Awe. Bless your little heart.

Too much censorship going on nowadays anyway. Just let 'em just prove the old Mark Twain wisdom: “It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, rather than opening one’s mouth and removing all doubt.”

3 Likes

FWIW I’m not a fan of moderation. When it happens it always seems to become heavy handed. We all just need to be big boys and girls and deal with the good and bad in the forums ourselves.

5 Likes

Speaking of Twitter, I don’t have a Twitter account and never will. That’s my tech solution to all the toxic stuff that goes on there LOL.

2 Likes