OSU is the only P5 program with no female coaches

After Courtney Jones was fired as the women’s golf coach, OSU now has the distinction of being the only P5 University without a female head coach for any men or women’s sport.

Would you like to see an attempt to hire female coaches for women’s sports?

3 Likes

Ahhh, the next cancel culture move.

What coach is worthy of being fired? Who is the best candidate to replace them, man or woman?? I’d say of all things, Holder has done an excellent job of hiring coaches in the minor sports.

3 Likes

It might be time for Jim Littell to go, but I know his former players love him.

2 Likes

Who wouldn’t? And seeing assistant and head coaches in men’s sports isn’t unheard of either (shoutout to Tamara Moore).

I think our best avenue right now is to push women’s wrestling, it would bring it to Division 1’s attention and we all know there are a lot of Big Ten clubs who would hate seeing us in the wrestling spotlight.

7 Likes

I would love that. And according to the boys over on the wrestling board we have a great woman coach picked out.

3 Likes

It’s tough because there aren’t really any of the women’s programs in need of a new coach right now, except maybe basketball. Soccer, softball, track/XC, and tennis are all pretty consistent Big 12 winners/contenders and top 20 nationally, and golf just hired a new coach who’s an alum and came in very well accomplished, so if it’s going to happen soon, it’ll have to be women’s basketball. So yeah, adding a new sport seems like the best option.

1 Like

We already need something new to be mad about? Well that didn’t last long. I thought today would have lasted us at least a week.

10 Likes

I’m not mad about It, but I do think it’s a poor look for the university. I actually found out about this about a year ago and was waiting for the 2020 report to come out to verify before I posted. All the hoopla today reminded me about it.

1 Like

Oof.

We do. And she is probably about to retire from competition soon.

2 Likes

As a woman, I don’t care. I want the best-fit coach for every sport, regardless of gender, race, age, etc. I certainly wouldn’t want to give up Chris Young or Colin Carmichael or Kenny G just for the sake of having a woman coach in those sports.

7 Likes

Again, some people actually wake up every day looking to be offended by something. I don’t know why but they do.

8 Likes

I’m definitely not offended, but I do care about equality in all areas. I do think there’s an advantage of having women mentor athletes in sports.

7 Likes

Yes, of course. That’s why it’s great that, at least of the sports I mentioned, there are female assistant or associate coaches.

4 Likes

Brook, when Mama talks, nobody is supposed to respond.

:smirk:

Pickles, nobody is offended. scolemann simply pointed out a particular statistic.

Looking at the report again I just realized that OU is in the top 4 with 7 of 10 women coaches in women’s sports. Need to get KP to delete this thread before Pete Thamel finds it. I don’t want to be excoriated like Boone for another OSU scandal :joy:

1 Like

LOL I was agreeing with her!!
(And I missed that unspoken rule…I’ll try to do better. :D)

2 Likes

I think @Brook cleans up enough of my hot take messes that she might be my “forum mom”

3 Likes

You usually say what I want to say…I just say it nicely. :rofl: :rofl:
I really want to be you when I grow up.

3 Likes