OSU Max

Not exactly sure which thread to talk about this, but OSU announced OSU Max, a streaming service that drops Wednesday.

I got a call about it earlier this week, and it sounds pretty awesome with all the behind the scenes stuff they’ve been capturing. FOR EXAMPLE: The men’s basketball team had a film crew following it all last season :eyes:

17 Likes

I wonder how many people will sign up.

3 Likes

They need a Roku channel for this.

3 Likes

Was told the doc crew was even with OSU in the NCAA Tournament bubble last season.

9 Likes

I was wondering about this. We were told multiple times that there was a documentary crew following last year’s team all over the country. It would make sense for it to be on this platform

I’ve noticed those documentary guys all over this year. The film sessions ought to be cool, as well.

8 Likes

Cowboy Network…?

1 Like

How many people you think actually sign up?

I have no idea how many will actually sign up. I also wonder what makes it successful like how many does OSU need to sign up?

7 Likes

I’ve already seen most of it. Perks of having part of the filming team be your neighbor.:wink: from what I have seen a lot of the filming for the basketball team was specific to Cade for his individual doc that was recorded out in California as he prepared for the draft.

1 Like

That’s going to potentially be their biggest issue. They have to put in the time and effort to make this subscription worth the $8.99 a month. Random videos won’t cut it. Also have a feeling that they may have to have some kind of show or shows to make it sustainable.

5 Likes

good idea in theory, do not think it will work

1 Like

Depending on the intricacy of the videos, it might be worth it. Some of the footage, especially raw live footage during games, is so interesting to watch. At least in my opinion. Gives you a completely different view on how the games go.

3 Likes

I feel like this is probably correct in the long run. We will see how bad they want it to work.

The teams’ successes will play a large part in if this works or not. The better the performances, the more people will be interesting in watching. No one wants to watch a BTS of our teams losing a bunch.

2 Likes

I’d pay $15 a month just to see more of this.

14 Likes

If they want this to work, this is what I would put on OSU Max to sustain subscribers long term.

1. Gundy and Boynton’s weekly coaches shows live streamed.

2. Broadcast sports like Tennis and others that don’t get any run on ESPN+

3. Inside look into all of the main sports we have. (Football, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Golf, Wrestling.)

4. And this is probably the most important of all, they need loads of content. Can’t be a stale product.

5. Hell, even throw RA’s radio show on there if you want. Anything to make it work.

6. Live streamed practices every one in a great while? Can be any sport.

7. Use it for sponsorships and NIL opportunities

8 Likes

I need mic’d up, unedited Gundy in my life

8 Likes

Could recruits get a free account? Great marketing angle.

8 Likes

Absolutely

1 Like