OSU MBB hit with Notice Of Allegation

I know we’re talking about it elsewhere, but this deserves a thread of its own. Not great, Bob!

1 Like

I ducking despise kansas. That’s what I’ve learned from this.

The NCAA is a joke and needs to be taken over by someone with a brain.

I appreciate that we’re getting support from Memphis fans. And people are also asking, “What about LSU, Arizona, and KU?”. Seriously, we’re getting close to a powder keg moment with the NCAA.

5 Likes

Ducking despise dem doo.

I agree with Kelly here. I think OSU is just trying to get this cleared. Investigation is over. OSU asked the NCAA to rip the band-aid off. NCAA served the allegations. OSU will sit in front of infractions committee and negotiate a proper punishment… Which my guess will be basically no punishment. Probation, maybe. But won’t lose scholarships. Won’t receive post season ban. Will be held up as “hey this is how we want you to approach these things! Stop fighting us so much!”

8 Likes

This notice was a long time coming, and it really doesn’t change much moving forward. The next big thing is OSU’s hearing with the NCAA. This was expected.

7 Likes

Go ask Mizzou how much it helps to cooperate with the NCAA. Hint: it doesn’t. This sounds stupid, but you’re actually better off in giving the NCAA the middle finger than cooperating with them. This is basically the tactic KU is doing

If I was to play devil’s advocate, I’d note that that’s pretty much what we did in the early 90s with football. So I dunno…

1 Like

Unfortunately, you are probably right. Since we are falling on the sword and making it easy for them, rather than using us a positive example of how they can be lenient when you cooperate, they will probably use us as an example of how hard they can come down on you when you commit violations. And, once again, the bluebloods will skate.

IF KU gets nothing when all is said and done…oh boy…that makes me angry just to think about.

The headline here is that “NCAA HITS OKLAHOMA STATE WITH NOTICE OF ALLEGATION.”

Attention-grabbing, yes. But … I just read over the NOA. I talked to people inside Oklahoma State. I talked to Norlander. OSU feels this is pretty much best-case scenario, all things considered. It already self-punished long ago over this, and it acted swiftly. Per an OSU source I spoke to, chances of a postseason ban are HIGHLY unlikely. OSU may need to lose a scholarship, pay a fine, and at worst, get put on probation. But that’s it.

Additionally, I’m told OSU compared its NOA to KU’s … and effectively decided OSU is going to come out looking like a school girl in all this. Said one source: “If OSU gets hit with a postseason ban, then KU is getting the death penalty.” The penalties Kansas is facing are significantly worse – even if, right now, there’s no clarity on when those are coming down right now. They’re coming.

9 Likes

The sad irony is that we will be lumped in with all the other schools involved in the FBI sting and it’s not even the same violation. The other schools allegedly paid players to come to their school while we had one rogue assistant that was taking bribes to help sway current players to agents and the shoe companies. Big difference, but it likely won’t be seen that way by outsiders.

2 Likes

I am quite curious to see what these other teams receive with much worse allegations and though we have been transparent, it always seems to fall on a team that has done all that we have done.

I am still wondering why the coaches at Arizona and LSU are still employed. May feel the same way about Bill Self when it’s all said and done…

Kyle, any idea how long we may have this hanging over our heads? I know Boynton said they have been transparent with the recruits, but if it drags out, I just wonder if it could affect the next recruiting cycle. I have to think other schools are having a field day negative-recruiting against us over it.

Let’s just vacate all the wins Underwood got while he was here and call it good.

2 Likes

Never have disliked Brad Underwood more than I do right now. Two years later and this guy’s grimy paw prints are still visible all over the place.

10 Likes

I don’t lime BU either, but unfortunately Boynton didn’t see Evans poor character and made him associate head coach, so we can’t put it all on BU.

I did like when they asked Boynton if he understood that this made people question his character (hiring Evans) he said Yes he did and had a good response.

1 Like

See, that’s why the punishment should follow the coach. I’m sick of that.

The coach should bear some of the blame because THEY hired the person.

OSU is pushing for a meeting with the Committee on Infractions before end of season. Once that happens, NCAA typically has 60 days to issue a formal response and, presumably, to levy its punishment.