OSU Now the Betting Favorite to Win Big 12 After Beating Baylor

Originally published at: OSU Now the Betting Favorite to Win Big 12 After Beating Baylor | Pistols Firing

OU’s odds dropped behind KU.

I don’t like it. I don’t like our odds when we have high expectations.

1 Like

I took our total wins over 8.5 and a little on us to win the league .
KU win total was 2.5 !

2 Likes

There was a couple of yahoos who said ku could win 10 games. Cant remember what group they were. Are they still yahoos :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::rofl::rofl::rofl::innocent::innocent::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I don’t know about yahoos but they have surprised me even. I said they would win at least 2 games sooooo but I like our chances. Still have KSTATE and the goons will probably get it together by the time we play them, maybe not as bad as they have looked

1 Like

Yes we shouldn’t start claiming success at this point. It’s way too early and too much can happen. E.g. I’m sure OU is going to clean things up and be a better team later in the season. At some point Texas is going to get QB1 back. TCU looks to be really really good, depends on how bad OU is, we could end up playing Baylor again in the CC and that will likely be an epic brawl and let’s not even talk about potential injuries along the way. I could note much more but hopefully the point has been made. Yep it’s going to be an interesting couple of months.

2 Likes

Doesn’t mean anything other than it paints a target on our back. One game at a time.

3 Likes

The conference is pretty much ours to lose. Just looking around the league there isn’t really anyone else that stands out as unbeatable. If we can just keep playing well offensively and keep teams in front of us defensively without giving up too many big plays and making a few stops a game we should be in pretty good shape.

Yeah. I feel both sides of this. On the one hand, the media is overreacting too much to one (great) win and we know that’s rat poison. On the other hand, you gotta put someone at the top and we are the undefeated team with the most impressive win in conference which is in chaos right now and I don’t like when the team gets disrespected either (though that might be better for the locker room).

I’m hoping the team doesn’t get distracted by stuff like this. We have that “trap” game next week against a decent team in between two ranked teams. Have to avoid overconfidence and looking ahead.

2 Likes

Well now the betting sites have a “cash out” option where if you make a bet and it starts going your way you can take a portion of the money and run .

So on FanDuel they had a ten win season bet I took a little action for us on.

If you’d have taken KU right now they’d have an offer to buy out your bet early I’m sure . It’d be a pretty good one

2 Likes

I think you made a good bet !!!

2 Likes

TCU is due a fall I think. Every team will probably be a dogfight. Texas OL is total crap though

3 Likes

TCU is going to air it out against everybody, our weakest spot. Hope we have them coached up in 2 weeks for them, course the game is there :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

That’s true but we’re going to need coach up the secondary this week against Tech. They’re going to air it out and have a mobile QB, which could cause trouble.

2 Likes

Smith is like Bohannon runs only when has to. He is the least mobile. He may not even be the qb.

1 Like

I guess we’ll see how good Cobb and Benson are.

1 Like

Im not as worried for the tech game. But, the tcu game they will need to fill the gaps.

2 Likes

Good tuneup for some of the dual threats we’ll face.

1 Like

Every new coach that comes in usually makes a splash( lol Venable’s) Dikes may get some unexpected wins , he’s usually gone when the new wears off though. We need to play in this game just like the Baylor gaa sad me

1 Like

Venables is making a splash, but it’s a splash like when you drop a heavy turd and the toilet water volcanoes back at your nethers.

3 Likes