OSU, OU ADs Say Bedlam Series Will End When OU Joins the SEC

If you are talking Texas and TAMU that wasn’t a rivalry. It was bloodlust to the max, at least from TAMU’s perspective. That was their motivation to go to the SEC

I am sort of ribbing him a tad. He’s a good one too. We’ve had many disagreements on what’s worse……NIL or Transfers

Well for starters the NFL in general is crap, lots of things have changed. All the woke stuff the last several years hasn’t helped either although they seem to be distancing themselves from it now.

So OU left because they do what Texas says. Texas left because they’re tired of OSU beating them. A&M left because they were tired of losing to Texas. I bet you’re correct on all of those.

If you were running OSU & got an invite tomorrow to go to the SEC…….you’d say no?

So “the woke stuff” is what makes the Dallas-Washington game not near as entertaining for you as it used to be?

Personally I like where OSU is.

So you would not go to the SEC if given the invite?

No Dallas-Washington isn’t a thing anymore AFAIK

Yep

How did you feel about “the woke stuff” that Chuba Hubbard/Gundy/OAN got into? Did that draw your eyes away from the product any?

I know I would! But I would probably be in the minority there. I’m telling you, this new Big 12 “could” (should!) catapult OSU’s prominence in football. We are getting some love at the moment, but if we play our cards right and get a little lucky, we should run the show after OU and Texas leave.

Didn’t care for any of it.

I really am torn an what I think happens to the Cowboys. I can see a scenario that it flourishes…….& that it burns. I think the margin for error gets smaller. I think I’d feel better if Mike Gundy was 10 years younger and still had a decade to run a Conf. That is the big fear if I’m a Cowboys fan.

Anyone who says they wouldn’t go to the SEC is either a fool or a liar.

Did it make you quit watching or supporting your Cowboys?

Already told you why edit: if you mean OSU Cowboys then no @KetchupSicle

I’m a little hesitant to say that going forward OSU is going to dominate year over year like OU has in the past. Don’t forget that OU had Heisman/Pro QB’s all of or almost all of the past decade which is a major reason for their dominance. Having those type’s of QB’s for an extended amount of time like that really only happens to blue bloods. I don’t see OSU doing that.

What if the Gundy boys turn out to be studs and we have 6 years of them? I am more worried about coordinators. Replacing great coordinators has been extremely hard to watch.

1 Like

Yea replacing coordinators all the time isn’t ideal. The Gundy boys may turn out good but I doubt they will ever be close to likes of Baker, Kyler, or Jalen

1 Like

The NFL has changed. The value of that league has increased because the hard salary cap has brought parity. In the last 20 years, almost every single team has been relevant. There’s no other sports league in America that can boast that.

You have to have a product. College football has regionality, rivalries, history. If you’re getting rid of that, what is the selling point? It’s a national brand of football with a large playoff field. It’s the NFL without parity, worse athletes, and the playoff field is determined partly by opinion. Why would you watch that? Because it’s on Saturday, I guess. It’s just more football. We’ll see.

How are you getting rid of rivalries? How are you getting rid of regionality? How are you getting rid of history?!?! Of course you will lose a few rivalries…….& then you’ll develop new ones. Oklahoma St has had one rival…….and they lost it. Who the hell is TCU’s rival? Or Baylor’s? Or BYU’s? Cincinnatis? The point is this teams have no rival anyway? Again, you are completely failing to acknowledge the new rivalries that will form and the possibility of those new ones outweighing the ones that were lost.