OSU Releases Updated Depth Chart After Week 2

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-releases-updated-depth-chart-after-week-2/

No major changes but more tweaking along the offensive line.

Why is Jaylen Warren not starting? I thought it was clear he was the type of running back we need behind this kind of offensive line.

1 Like

Yesterday there was a report that Braydon Johnson is out for the year.

Is the other Greene ready to go now?

Chit show

1 Like

Give me more Jaden Bray. He looks like WR1 so far this year.

Why are we not using Brennan Presley in crossing routes? Why are we not using Warren in misdirection? Why have we abandoned the diamond formation? Why are we not designing more QB run plays and options with Sanders at QB? Why are we not making wide enough splits for the OL to help create wider gaps for the run game? Why are we not leaving an extra blocker for Sanders to cover the gap? Why do we not have any designed comeback routes in the passing game? Why are we trying to force a dual-threat QB to be a pro-style QB? Why haven’t we ran any wheel routes when the defense stacks the box and brings pressure?

2 Likes

It sounds and looks to me like our OC is not ready to be a play caller. Excellent receivers coach/recruiter but not so much a great OC.

2 Likes

I know most people think that it’s got to be something else but what it is, is that gundy is probably the worst play caller in the history of the sport. This guy is not very smart man. People still give this guy too much credit. This is the same guy that acknowledges that running quarterbacks are a big part of college football but yet he recruits one every year that can run and one that can’t and plays the one that can but doesn’t run him LOL, i mean you can’t make this chit up! It’s sad if true but I’m telling you I think something might not be right upstairs. Seriously!

2 Likes