OSU Softball: Cowgirls' Weekend in Memphis Ends Early Due to Weather

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-softball-cowgirls-weekend-in-memphis-ends-due-to-weather/

The Cowgirls’ dominant run in Memphis ends due to weather.

1 Like

It seems that we keep ‘sensationalizing’ Elish and her pitching with a mediocre record in starts. Both Maxwell and Day have only one loss in starting roles. I am glad that Elish is on our team, but at a loss as to why she seems to get more promotion than the others at times. jmho… GO POKETTES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the other teams were happy to not have lost to the Cowgirls.

2 Likes

When Elish started her first few games she was terrible. I think as she has went along her confidence has improved. We now have three really good starting pitchers. I am glad we don’t have to play against any of the three.

2 Likes

That is fair enough, I suppose. Even in her last win, she seemed to mentally check out at times, on individual pitches… Such a seasoned, travelled upperclassman with confidence issues is not a great sign. I wish her well and look forward to continued success regardless of who is on the mound.

It seems that softball and baseball are where we can make national noise, even if so few are listening!!

GO POKES & POKETTES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :baseball: :softball: :baseball: :softball: :baseball:

So far the jury is still out on baseball. They have some great talent and one of the best coaching staffs in the nation. Seriously Ventura and Holliday on there helping oSu get better!! They lost three to Gonzaga. There bats are streaky at times and they leave way to many on base in scoring position. I have no doubt they will improve as the season goes along. That Texas team is going to give us problems in conference play. Of course OU will be tough for the Cowgirls. I really like watching the Cowgirls play as they have great infield play. Earlier in the year there were some bad plays but they have pretty much leveled that out. As for Elish, that year off hurt her. When she gets into league play I think she will be deadly. She has really good control and almost always gets ahead of the batter immediately.

1 Like

Oh yea, you are referring to her no hitter shut out? Hard to beat that…

1 Like

Where the bases got loaded with walks??? yeah, maybe… lol

and I have gotten to the point that I appreciate the girl’s softball and basketball more, they just play more for the love of the game and more fundamentally sound, most of the time.