OSU Softball: Elish, Cowgirls Come Back to Top Kansas

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-softball-elish-cowgirls-come-back-to-top-kansas/

Elish had five RBIs, and she pitched.

1 Like

Good job girls keep rolling

1 Like

Cowgirls are on a roll!! They have to play ou and beat them. I would sure like to see them sweep the sooners.

2 Likes

It is Saturday, and the first half inning is done against Kansas. Another home run given up for an early deficit. I am proud of her accomplishments, but why Elish is pitching two games and Maxwell only one… and Day none is beyond me. GO POKETTES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face:

(On a side note, considering all that is going on in the world of women’s swimming… I am already dreading the day that I see a girl’s softball player scratching ‘her’ nuts in the batter’s box!! :chipmunk:)

1 Like

They all give up to many homes. Yea day should have pitched.

1 Like

I do fully support and appreciate Elish and her contributions. I admire her dealing with her personal demons of depression and anxiety as well. The young lady is nothing short of amazing.

That said, I have stated before that, at times, she seems to zone out. In today’s game, she non-chalantly flipped a ball from her glove to first base on a come-backer when she had ample time to secure a more secure grip and not risk a good toss from the webbing. Then, later in an at-bat, she ‘popped’ a ball that came down half way between home and third and landed IN the field of play, inside the foul line. She was still in the batter’s box when the ball rolled into foul territory!!! Had the Jayhawk 3rd basewoman fielded the ball, she would have been out at first, assuming a decent throw. I do NOT want to see more effort in beating the catcher to foul balls out of the backstop netting than effort on the field. jmho… GO POKETTES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like