OSU Wrestling: Cowboys Thump No. 5 Missouri 24-10

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-wrestling-cowboys-thump-no-5-missouri-24-10/

OSU freshmen were 4-0 on the big stage.

Great, these guys are getting stronger. I really doubt we could beat psu. But that’s the deal we dbt have to. Its all in the draw and a lil luck

1 Like

It’s time that these ranking sites start taking our young guys seriously. All four of these freshman deserve to be ranked much higher.

3 Likes

Wow!

1 Like

Looking at the rankings, on paper, we should have lost. This team is pulling off magic. I’ m happy for John Smith. He needed a team like this to rekindle his spirit after last season’s finish. Doing it with large percentage of freshmen. This is stuff that usually only PSU can manage to do.
Coach can’t say it now, but I bet at end of season he states how his guys overachieved.
I’m wondering about Daton Fix, if he is wrestling injured because of his lack of offense lately.
Jameson being injured along with Surber obviously still wrestling with a bad knee is cause for major concern in the upcoming tournaments. If fully healthy, I don’t think anyone could beat them except PSU and Iowa. I’m glad to see Michigan is strong.
Big surprise is how quickly a young program like Little Rock got ranked.
I was surprised on Friday night that neither announcer mentioned that Chance McLane wrestled at OSU.

1 Like

Guys are on a roll , hope we get fully healed before the championships I’m not saying it’s all that Coleman came back but I see a lot more aggressive guys out there making something happen instead of waiting for it. Been a good year. Winning it all would be almost impossible but stranger things have happened
:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yes, for how many years have we heard John Smith complain that his guys are not scoring in the first period? For some reason they’re now doing that and showing a lot more offense and this season getting off bottom much more than in past seasons. Looking physically stronger this season. Coach last season said things need to change. And they have. My guess is that Coleman Scott brought something to the table from another system at UNC. We needed new blood. John Smith recognized it. Now just parlay this season into near future contenders by taking recruiting to another level. Bring in a few State champs from western PA. I’m eager to see what recruiting looks like with Coleman involved. And maybe another reason for more offense is Caldwell becoming a coach instead of recruiting. Finally getting high level excitement back in the program. Depending on how the conference tournament ends up, Smith should be Big 12 coach of the year. Fix, Surber, and now Jameson are my main concerns. That’s a lot of points to give up if those guys aren’t healthy. Who else do we have at 141?

1 Like

Can’t remember his name but there’s a kid , HS that wrestles for Stillwater that coming next year. Supposed to be a hammer. We have a good heavyweight coming so it’s going to get interesting

1 Like

What a win! Yes, the freshman are maturing and stepping up! The kid we have now is Carl Hughs from Stillwater wrestling at 133. He is a four time state champion and never lost in HS. I don’t know why he didn’t let him wrestle at 141 or 133. I hope John doesn’t try to insert his son Sam in the mix. Cael is so more accomplished it’s not even close.

1 Like

The kid I’m talking about is or will be a freshman in 25 I believe. He’s heavier than than 133. Hopefully Cael can take over for Fix when he leaves

1 Like