OSU's Early Evaluation, Gamble on Talent Pays off Big With QB Zane Flores

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osus-early-evaluation-gamble-on-talent-pays-off-big-with-qb-zane-flores/

The Cowboys have made a name for themselves by identifying talent early.

1 Like

Better not let the 3 stooges read this article. They may have massive heart attacks.
It help when the kid is at a small school. 247 has him as an 87. So the others really didn’t like him at all.
We have been shopping alot at small schools lately. Kelly, Daniel, 3 last year and 2 so far.

2 Likes

I can’t give this commit the seal of approval until Joey signs off on it.

4 Likes

If you watch the kids highlight tape there wasn’t much of a “gamble” in offering him - his talent is obvious.

2 Likes

I like your thinking…

1 Like

Espn hasn’t even rated him so the composite is not finished. 247 has as a 87. Rival a 5.5.
This a reason I dnt get over excite by ratings. Some told me gunnar didn’t get a rating because everyone knew he was going to osu. Well I think it’s just lazy. They really only care if they rate there top guys.
He isn’t a start rite out of the box.

We are looking at a couple of family members. I dnt think we will get Mohammed he is like a 97 he is cousin to aj green and Mohammed on the team.

Randall hasn’t real done anything
We should get cam smith’s brother
Didn’t even offer Cory black brother . He is only 5’9".

1 Like

He’s in the 24 class I’m pretty sure we’ve offered him

1 Like

Sorry about the class I thought I didn’t see it on 247 yet.

1 Like

I think he’ll be a long shot to get but would be a big get nonetheless

I don’t get too excited about QB commits for OSU because I have seen too many of them standing on the sidelines wearing a baseball cap but never a helmet. They were great in high school but not at the next level. John Kolar, a recent example. So, instead of counting my chicks before they hatch, I wait and see.

2 Likes

Been saying the same thing. These recruiting sites aren’t gonna convince me there were 300 plus seniors better than braylin Presley this year.

3 Likes

He’s an 87 on 24/7 , that’s not but a point or two from a 4 star…. Don’t know if he attended any camps , that’s where most of the gurus put a rating on a kid. I do like his arm and he’s mobile

1 Like

Joey is on the OL right now, He wants to be like Baylor anyway……last year it was I St. Campbell flamed out, now it’s Aranda

2 Likes