OSU's Record Against OU in the Gundy Era Among the Worst of FBS Teams

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osus-record-against-ou-in-the-gundy-era-among-the-worst-of-fbs-teams/

:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

Don’t look for it to change until OSU no is willing to make changes.

We should schedule a game with UVA - the Futility vs In-State opponent Bowl.

1 Like

As of a couple years back OSU’s record vs OU was the worst between any two FBS teams, so this is definitely not a Gundy problem.

1 Like

The record is getting worse with Gundy.

I am not too worried about these stats. To me it just shows everyone has trouble with ou (I am only looking at the stats from teams that have played the sooners at least five times, oSu is 1/1 against Alabama). If the Cowboys beat ou three more times they become the second best team behind Texas in the Gundy Era and I can live with that.

1 Like

That is some serious kool aid. Three more wins, at the current pace, would take 18 more years and would be 2037.

3 Likes

Lol, sorry, I was talking if oSu had three straight wins then the win percentage would be 5/17 (29.5%), definitely not saying we will win three straight. The way Gundy is coaching now, I don’t think we will have to wait another 18 years for three more Bedlam victories (that would be devastating). The sooner’s conference dominance has to waiver at some point, hopefully, when they finally don’t have a veteran senior quarterback.

Even more interesting if you look at our coaching changes. Sure, Gundy is still there but the OC and the DC have changed out a bit.

So if coaching is the issue, we have had some different looks with the same bad success rate. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

Since OU is perennially a top 10 program, beating them regularly would require us to be top 10 regularly. That takes time and tradition to build up a recruiting pipeline.

1 Like

That the oblong spheroid so rarely bounces our way is the most depressing part of it.

1 Like

And the sentiment here seems to be that Gundy can lead us to 9 and 10 win seasons but won’t get us to perennial top 10. Well, few coaches actually do that.

You have to have money, facilities, winning, great coaching, great scouting, great recruiting, tradition, a path to the NFL, championships, and a place where young men want to go. Oh, and did I say pretty girls? That too.

Note some schools have built all that into the school, not the coach.

Even more interesting if you look at our coaching changes. Sure, Gundy is still there but the OC and the DC have changed out a bit.

So if coaching is the issue, we have had some different looks with the same bad success rate.

The one thing in common is Gundy. If you want a different result, Gundy has to go.

The different result very well be that we continue to lose to OU AND everyone else.

Yep that’s possible but success always comes with a gamble.

That 2011 Tech win is a real head-scratcher.

Tech had two conference wins that year, OU and KU and they weren’t even that competitive in most of the games. Very weird.