OU/Texas going to the SEC...Anyone smell smoke?

Just saw a few reports hit the news about OU & Texas jumping to the SEC… Anyone heard anything? They said announcements could occur within the next few weeks. (ESPN just said something as well)

(https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-12-powers-texas-oklahoma-inquire-about-joining-sec-in-potentially-massive-shakeup-per-report/)

4 Likes

Come on over to the off-season thread, the water is warm: Football 2021 Offseason Thread

7 Likes

Did not know it was being discussed

2 Likes

I would rather go to ACC. Supports wrestling, better academic schools, and travel not much worse.

I tried to prove you wrong on the travel bit, but you are correct. :slight_smile:

Stillwater to Los Angeles: 1,391 miles

Stillwater to Pullman, WA: 1,784

Stillwater to Syracuse (furthest ACC team?): 1,343

Stillwater to Clemson: 977

So far, you are correct. If there are divisions, though, they would probably take travel concerns into consideration and make it easier. Need two 8-team divisions.

Pretty sure it’s Boston College: 1631

3 Likes

Correct, I forgot about BC.

Still think ACC is better fit. Part of this is the wrestling fan in me as ACC would be much more competitive and should allow us to continue to recruit the east coast. And one time zone difference is better than 2.

We may need to mix conferences for different sports. That’s what Missouri is getting ready to do with wrestling, right? Overall - football is SO different than other sports that linking all sports to the football conference seems counter-productive in today’s travel-friendly (set covid aside for a moment) environment.

Miami also clocks in at over 1,500 miles.

2 Likes

As someone who has driven both stillwater to Pullman and Stillwater to Syracuse, the former is WAY worse.

1 Like

I don’t want to alarm anyone, but I smell some smoke around this. This could be news in the next month or so.

1 Like

This is a full on refinery fire.

4 Likes

Me thinks this is pretty much a done deal. The Big 12 is effed

1 Like

Can we please close this thread, all the talk about this is over in the offseason thread

1 Like

Ahh cool. Didn’t know that because I don’t follow the off-season thread. I guess close the thread and I won’t be a part of the discussion.

Why can’t you just go to the other thread…?

8 Likes

Dude, just go to the off-season thread?

4 Likes

LOL

1 Like