PFB+ Parenthood Thread

This is extremely #newparent of me, but whatever, feel like we deserve our own thread here. I’m curious about how many kids y’all have, how many you WISH you had, any tips or tricks you want to share. Anything!

Wife and I had our first baby girl two weeks ago and so now all I do is read about how to calm my fussy baby or how to get spit up stains off my new jeans or how many hours of sleep science says I can run off of without keeling over dead.

Share pics, vids, IDC. This can be the PFB Facebook for parents, a forum for us to brag about how cool our kids are. I will go first. (Peep the PFB shirt in photo No. 2, btw. For the brand.)

23 Likes

Congrats sir. At this stage, your ignorance on what is coming is your best asset, lol. I have 2 girls.

10 Likes

Aw, man. She’s beautiful! We just had our first nearly five months ago. The first two-three months, depending on your baby, can be the best and worst at the same time.

The sleep thing is a bigger beast than I thought it would be. Having to literally take shifts at night to get enough sleep to be a functioning human was so hard for us. I had to return to work less than a week after becoming a parent, though, so hopefully you guys are getting some quality time together at home.

all of that being said, she’s slept through the night (10 hours) the past two weeks after a bruuuutal four month sleep regression. The point is, just take it as it comes! They’re babies and it can literally change overnight. if you’re like us, you’ll look up in a few months and really not even remember most things about those first few weeks. But, it’s starting to get really fun at four months. Our daughter is becoming expressive, talkative, and even kinda silly at times. It’s the coolest thing ever.

Hang in there!

15 Likes

So I have two. A girl who is 17 and a senior in high school and a boy who is 15 and a freshman. There is nothing like being a girl dad, just as Kobe said. The sleepless nights and changing of outfit after outfit is all worth it. As mine is preparing to head off to OSU this fall, I can feel her becoming more independent and slowly pulling away from us. My point is cherish those moments, they will be gone before you know it! Oh and take care of your wife! We all tend to focus on the baby for the first couple of months, but she did just poop out a baby! And its really hard to break a kid. Trust me I have tried it in many different ways accidentally! And finally, just go with the flow, roll with the good and the bad as it comes along. Some kids sleep great thru the night fairly early. Others not so much… You can read about it in a book and online, but a lot of it is just some trial and error and dumb luck when it works!

5 Likes

Great thread and congrats @kyleboone I have an 8 year old daughter and 5 year old son. Great ages and doing my best to brainwash them with an OSU mindset here in NC, but it’s tough. Sleeping through the night will be key and if they are good sleepers your life will be good until they can crawl away and walk. Every stage gets better just different challenges. Enjoy every minute…

2 Likes

image 4.5 yr old daughter and 2.5 yr old identical twin boys here. Daughter slept through the night 8 weeks old on and our boys didn’t sleep for the first 24 months and still not great. It gets better each month but Parenthood has definitely been both a challenge and rewarding. Congrats

9 Likes

Sleep is overrated

2 Likes

That’s amazing! Thanks for the advice! Your little one looks adorbs btw (the hat thoooo!).

That’s awesome @ckb24! Thanks for the wisdom. I’m all in on #girldad life already and am actively dreading the point where you’re at now. I imagine 17 years goes by fast.

1 Like

We need to print that on a PFB shirt. They’d sell like hot cakes.

2 Likes

Our first daughter turns 3 in April, and we just had our second daughter three weeks ago. Early returns on being a #girldad are very good, and the more time I spend around small boys only reinforces that!

Congrats!!

No parenting advice from me (0 kids, 4 American bulldogs). I’d be a mess trying to keep up with a newborn!

But, I’m sure she will bring you endless amounts of joy and gratitude

1 Like

I used to think I would want a boy, but after having 2 girls, I wouldn’t change anything. Wish they were more into sports, but other than that, no major complaints. Benefit of girls was I got to skip out (mostly) on potty training.

My oldest turns 18 in July and the youngest turns 16 in May.

4 Likes

One daughter who is ten months old.

This is us playing in the snow. Ignore the awful peacock in the background. lol

2 Likes

That look she gives you makes you melt, huh? Lol!!

1 Like

My 3 month old loves chugging beers and dishing out “Stone Cold Stunners”

14 Likes

My oldest (5yrs) with his new birthday present. I am expecting my second son in early May. Congrats on the baby girl, I want one so bad!

6 Likes

Good grief you all are young.

Advice:
Love them

4 Likes

I have two girls. 12 and 10. It flies by! I’m trying to keep their attention on Oklahoma State from South Carolina!

Sushing and rocking are the best for fussiness. Just love them, that’s the most important thing!

6 Likes

Oh yeah, you think you understand love then you have a kid and it gives it a whole new meaning.

4 Likes