Pets Thread

That is so incredibly ‘college’ and I love it.

2 Likes

I’m an absolute sucker for those ears. Put ‘over the top floppy ears’ on a millipede and I’d think it was cute.

Mine had a ball python that I had to babysit. Feeding it rats was…umm…“fun”. Especially when it was shedding.

1 Like

*mice

Not rats. That would be a large meal.

And yeah, I am an animal lover…maybe I was a bit more immature at the time, so it wasn’t as difficult to feed it the mice. But now, I wouldn’t be able to do it. When that thing struck, it was hard to watch.

My roommate my senior year was a huge snake guy, herpetology major, and was in charge of taking care of the university’s snakes. We had 14 in our house. 2 of which were non venomous. A bunch of rattlers, and a spitting Cobra.

I refused to ever watch feeding.

The ball python though was cool. He’d had it forever and that was his ‘pet.’

A couple of times after warming up to the concept of handling him, I took it out and would watch tv with him chilling on my lap. Was kinda neat.

2 Likes

Sure, you like Griswold more than Sammi. That hurts. Don’t expect any more likes anytime soon. :wink:

3 Likes

I CANNOT!!! OMG!!! Those bows!! I have always been a cat person so when I came home with a cat my husband had to learn to love him and ended up going out 2 years later and getting us a second one. He is a cat guy now! My cats are so sweet that we have convinced tons of people who “aren’t cat people” that maybe cats really are awesome and you should get one!

1 Like

Sorry man. “Professional head shot” and all… :rofl:

Besides…if Sammi murdered that poor lizard…that’s a mark on his record.

1 Like

Haha, it was for some people that were trying to start up a pet toy line. That was one of the few shots they could get of him actually playing with one. I don’t think it was a very successful startup…

1 Like

That’s a cool side story, though…?

Yeah he saved some other dogs from bad toys. lol

2 Likes

First of all, good sir, Sammi is a SHE. And it was a gecko, not a lizard, so that reduces the punishment.

It’s all good though, your rejection will only fuel her fire when she lands the cover for a cheesy greeting card!

For you, here is a pic when we picked them up in late November. Ollivander Nox is on the left and Lumos Beauxbatons on the right.

They were about 13 weeks old in this pic. People who aren’t “cat people” definitely need to find a Ragdoll. They play fetch and are absolute lumps of love. Crawl into bed to snuggle and love to lay on their back and get their bellies rubbed.

ETA: Also, these guys will grow to 15-20 pound. I think they are the biggest domesticated cat outside of the Maine Coon. They don’t have an undercoat and the shedding is minimal. The Roomba can handle it.

4 Likes

They are so cute! Cats are awesome because (if you find the right shelter, like TINY PAWS in stillwater!) they are affectionate and want love, but also will leave you the f alone and not be hurt or upset about it. I can go out of town for the weekend and people love watching a cat b/c it takes 30 seconds to unlock my door, dump food and water and leave. No need to play with them, take them for a walk, watch them poo. Such low maintenance for a ton of love!! These are my boys-Mac is the black one and Tiberious is the black and white. I was going to rename Mac to something Trek-y but he is such. a. derp. Mac fit him best. Plus we discovered it stood for Male Adult Cat and once we learned that, we loved it even more haha!

3 Likes

@JustGary, just try to deny the aesthetic excellence of Thunder posing in front of a black Christmas tree.

9 Likes

That’s a good boy. Lots of good boys and girls in this thread.

1 Like

I believe the kids refer to that as a flex.

1 Like

He’s definitely “on that mood”. Or however the adolescents of today say it…

Weird that you know when your dog is in the mood…

3 Likes