PFB+ 2023 Football ‘Crootin/Transfers (Part 1)

Just when our recruiting was starting to improve, the NIL pushes us back down to where we were :frowning:

3 Likes

Officially official lol

This part of OSU recruiting is called pain.

3 Likes

Hopefully this is a safe place to say this … tweeting this out WHILE STILL TECHNICALLY COMMITTED TO OKLAHOMA STATE is pretty wild. I generally think visiting other schools while committed is fine, even flipping a commitment is fine – they’re teenagers! they’re allowed to change their mind! – but I guarantee you this probably rubbed some folks the wrong way.

7 Likes

I think you do that when you have already taken the decision to de commit. But annoying none the less. Currently we are 8th in Big 12 in recruiting in 247. After a 12-2 season. Need a good commit soon.

4 Likes

This.

I know it’s still early.

But the term “underwhelming” comes to mind

2 Likes

Dammit, we lost out on the Pioneer Woman QB too….

3 Likes

That’s where they will stay. I don’t see them moving up past maybe 5th. We just don’t have the recruiting budget, NIL or practices that other schools do. Plus we just don’t have any room. The Covid year kinda set this team back recruiting.

How did it set us back and not others? Not being aggressive, I’m curious why we can go 12-2 and get outrecruited by lesser programs.

1 Like

ReSpEcT mY DeCiSiOn

:expressionless:

F*** your decision.

Depraved Chimp Summer

5 Likes

Also F*** Texas.

3 Likes

Video sucks too.

He’s not even the best QB in Osage County

Blurb about Zane Flores from a 247 preview of the Elite 11 Finals this week:

Several programs had Gretna (Neb.) High quarterback Zane Flores marked as the next guy up as the “elite arms” started coming off the board. However he was a top of the board target for Oklahoma State and it paid off as they secured his verbal in April. The 6-foot-4, 190-pound Flores threw for 2,885 yards and 26 touchdowns as a junior with 10 more rushing scores and could earn a fourth star in this setting.

5 Likes

We don’t put enough emphasis on recruiting like other programs. Gundy has always been, if you don’t want to be here then don’t come. OSU doesn’t have the glitz and glame that others due. The videos, pictures coming out of others programs are waaay more TODAY than OSU. not saying it’s about that, but it is to todays youth. How many clicks, can reactions can you gain. OSU is blue collar and brings almost zero fan reaction to posts or anything like that. For instance in Billy Waltons video from his OV it had 417 likes. In the Texas video it had almost 1,200. That stuff matters. OSU just doesn’t have the draw that others due and put an emphasis on certain things. It has worked in the past, but today athletics is all about clicks imo, who can get me the most NIL money and all the other stuff. Mike has adapted before, just this has always bothered him (social media). You can tell.

Basically we don’t dedicate enough to the glitz and glame. Our facilities are outdated and are being upgraded but they are behind now. Nice yes, but if you have seen others around the country it’s absolutely wild.

4 Likes

I do wonder how much Mike has left in the tank with NIL being like it is.

3 Likes

The thing is, on this very blog a year ago, everyone was like GUNDY HAS HIS ENERGY BACK. Like he was in every recruit’s home giving the “I’m 40” speech verbatim, as a joke, while yucking it up with the recruit’s parents and eating all of their snacks.

Maybe there’s some truth to that, but NIL has very quickly changed that.

5 Likes

Until we get an NIL collective with serious money behind it, we won’t be able to compete with school likes Texas in recruiting, simple as that

2 Likes

Even then, it’s going to be hard to compete with the depth of wealth Texas alumni have.

1 Like

We have never competed with schools like Texas when it comes to recruiting. We just need to keep kicking their butts on the field though (at least till they leave the conference).

1 Like